Louisville LSS November 09, 2018 05:16PM
Think Chizek will have all 3 light supers in louisville? Wonder who would drive each of them (Blackbourn, Blackbourn, who)?

Also going to be depressing not seeing Hootman there ( I am guessing he wont be there since engine is for sale).

Who does everyone have to win the LSS? I think another Conner tractor is going to win, this time it will be orange...

Just something to talk about in the boring off season.

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 03:02AM
Just wondering who the orange tractor your refering to, didn't know Conners has worked on an orange one, Fuqua will always be one to watch.

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 03:13AM
Brice Terry’s too hy strung

Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 06:32AM
Brice has been very very strong this year.

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 06:46AM
Didn't know Conners had had their hands on Brices AC, but yeah its strong, glad to see a FULL BLOODED ALLIS CHALMERS doin great !!!!!

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 07:43AM
NFMS Fan, thank you for your kind words, I would expect to see Jason Hootman at LV even if he does sell his engine.

Pink Panther there is only one Conner involved in Brice Terry's Too Hy-Strung and that is me, Bryan Conner, and my shop partner Brice Mosley.

In the beginning there was some of my brothers work on the tractor, but ALL reciprocating parts have been replaced with our own and the tune up has always been mine.
Ernie has not been involved since about initial fire up four years ago or so and I have done NO work with him since. We are separate businesses for many reasons that I need not discuss here.

Thank you all for your interest in the LSS class as I believe it has the most diverse builders, tractors, drivers, brands, and one of the toughest divisions out there. That
being said I am somewhat biased as it is by far my favorite class to build for and to watch.

Sincerely,
Bryan Conner
Conner Fuel Systems
Milan, MO

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 07:50AM
Mr.Conner, sry if i offended you, it was not intentional, i didn't know of the separation of you an your brothers business interest, --- have you ever considered working on a Light Limited Super Stock ?

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 07:55AM
Pink Panther, no offense taken, I just wanted to set the record straight was all. If my tone sounded as if I was offended I apologize..

Thanks again for your interest in the LSS class!!

Sincerely,
Bryan Conner

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 08:42AM
I understand, no problems here, would you ever consider a Light Limited Super Stock project-- it would be like yester year .

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 10:08AM
Full blooded allis chalmers?? Sure thought that too hystrung had a dt4....I mean a Detroit 40 series in it???

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 10:31AM
Im not sure but i always thought and heard that it had a 426 in it, i may be wrong.

Re: Conner and Terry November 10, 2018 10:49AM
I was told that its a Detroit...You cant make a 426 Allis run like that and stay together..

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 11:31AM
It is not a 426 unfortunately. But they did run one for several years that would for sure perform, just couldn’t stay together.

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 11:36AM
It has a IH motor in it and runs Ernies head I ,believe. If anybody can make it run it would be the Conner Bros.

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 11:52AM
Let’s set the record straight.......it is an actual series 40 block with a Bamber cylinder head. Conner Fuel Systems (Bryan Conner) fuel system and tune-up

Re: Louisville LSS November 10, 2018 12:05PM
JUST A FAN, I will try to clear this up once and for all. Too Hy-Strung does NOT have any of Ernie's performance parts in it.

The head is a Bamber Engineering head.

It is a series 40 Detroit because Brice Terry wanted to stay true to AC and AGCO.

I know for a fact if he had it to do over it would be based on the DT466 platform.

While they share head bolt patterns, camshaft, crank locations and center to centers, they ARE NOT the same.

The later block is metric, thus all bolts are metric, the front drive has wider gears and 4 instead of 3 drive gears (stock) .

The mains and rods are bigger and wider, the crank snout is longer, the flywheel flange is larger with a large 12 bolt pattern.

Neither the front nor rear cover from a DT466 will fit this block and there are many others differences that I will not delve into at this juncture, BUT make no mistake it is NOT a DT466!!!!!!!

And yes we built and tuned Jacob Fuqua's engine, while Jay was still alive, it is not the same as Too-Hystrung as it does have a DT466 based engine in it. The combinations are very similar, but different at the same time.

I have, with our shop rebuilt, re-engineered, redesigned, and resolved many problems that arose from using this engine format (40 series Detroit) and thus well qualified in setting the record straight!

No hard feelings.
Just the facts!

Bryan Conner

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2018 12:24PM by bconner.

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 01:40AM
Ok, i guess the possibility of working on a Light Limited Super does not interest you, i understand, but it is one of the most fun and versitile classes offered, about any color can run an be competitive, its old school cool with alot of modern technology.thanks anyway !!!! Your one of the best there is if not the best !!!

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 02:06AM
There is plenty out there than can help you with a llss Blackburn one of the best has built a couple and a lot of nobodys have built them that run just as good

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 04:26AM
Pink Panther, sorry I have not responded about the LLSS question.
I have only been involved in a few of these tractors, but I am interested in doing more with them.

In fact I am doing a fuel system for one now.
I have given input to a select few that seems to have helped those individuals perform better.

But as I mentioned my experience is limited and Lewis is correct, Blackbourn is one of the best and I can only strive (my goal) to be one of the nobody's that can make one run just as good!

That being said to answer your question yes I would be interested in working on one with the right individual. Diesel or alcohol as I believe with the rules (cubic inch, turbo) the diesel will dominate that class shortly with the right team using diesel power. Hard to overcome 100 cubic inches and more turbo.......unless they let us spice up the fuel on the ole eye burners as my buddy calls them...LOL..!!

Sincerely,
Bryan Conner
Conner Fuel Systems
660-292-4075

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 12:46PM
Brian,
What cubic inch is the Detroit engine?
What motor cud be used in alky Agco allis fomat in LLSS??
Cummins used in agco?

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 01:12PM
You can use the 301 or de stroke the 426 AC or the 40 series engine ,I have 7 of them if you need one wich woulnt be my choice or you can also go with a Fiat , Deutz ,or a perkins anything thats ever been Agco hope this helps

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 01:49PM
Puller,
Looks like Lewis Conner (no relation) has answered most of the questions you asked, but to answer the question of cubic inch, the series 40 Detroit were 466 and 530 ci in original format, later renditions of the DT/Maxxforce were 466 and 570 ci respectively.

Bryan Conner

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 01:45PM
Thanks Brian, i appreciate you replying,i may be in touch, if i do this i will do it first class and you'll be the one that gets the reins, like i said when i decide to do it no expenses will be spared.Thank you.

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 01:56PM
Puller,

Here is a little pdf sheet with info on the 40 Series Detroit. Just click on the link.

[barringtondieselclub.co.za]

Enjoy,

Bryan Conner

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 02:16PM
They also made a smaller one that is a little less cube than the 414 a lot of buses had them

Re: Louisville LSS November 11, 2018 03:09PM
Sorry they are navistar dt 408 but all in the same family

Re: Louisville LSS November 15, 2018 11:57AM
Blackbourn builds a great engine...till you have to write the check. There were a lot of zeros in the number he gave me... I've spoken with Bryan, he's a great guy, extremely friendly on the phone, and he'll be my guy, without question.

Re: Louisville LSS November 15, 2018 01:39PM
hootman runs with the best of them on the lowest budget. hed be my choice. imagine if he had chizek money!!!!!!

Re: Louisville LSS November 15, 2018 01:55PM
They are all good guys all three can build there own top of the line with a lower budget.All those zeros dont get added up when it personal and out in the man cave

Re: Louisville LSS November 15, 2018 03:53PM
Agree with Lewis. Hootman's personal tractor may run with the best but he has a lottttt of his own time in it (and he still has a lottt of money in it). Of course somone can build a tractor cheaper than you can buy one, if you are doing the work yourself, for yourself. But if you ask Hootman to build you one, he isnt going to have the same motivation to build it for cheaper as if it were his own. His time is very valuable. Do not think you are going to come out a lot cheaper no matter who you are going with. Suspect a new LSS alky engine will cost 125-150 no matter who you get to build it (Conner, GMS, Long). Blackbourn prolly more toward 175, but whats the difference at that point.

Re: Louisville LSS November 16, 2018 11:30AM
And for the record, my discussion with Terry was about a LLSS, not a LSS. So smaller motor, one turbo, no one off billet heads... And no, Jason is not cheap, but his work is impeccable, and he will talk you through anything you ask him. Great guy. I'm looking forward to seeing his new motor run.

Re: Louisville LSS November 16, 2018 12:37PM
Newalkyholic I think you need to get you a llss on the the track it would be neat to se what one done by those guys can do done seen a couple of Terrys

Re: Louisville LSS November 17, 2018 07:36AM
You guys down south will see it first... Our season is late up here, so I'll work some of the bugs out with you guys first. We've actually spoken multiple times, and I'm friends with Kim, as well. Was bouncing around your 560 before Faron bought it, so I'll end up running against it at home pulls. I've met and talked to some great people along the way. Lewis, you were extremely friendly, and very open, when I spoke with you on the phone. Your accent was hard for me to decipher at times... Jamie Barger has been great to talk to, the Shingletons, Grease Monkey, Tony at Binderlite, Karl at Atlas, Jason Hootman, Bryan Connor, Mark Hayes, Ben Clark, Adam Draudt, Mark Hootman...I'm sure I'm missing a few, but all of these guys have taken the time to talk to me, let me bounce ideas off of them, and give advice as necessary. No amount of thanks would be enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 08:36AM by Newalkyholic.

Re: Louisville LSS November 17, 2018 11:16AM
Is there anyone you haven't talked too? Lol

Re: Louisville LSS November 17, 2018 11:27AM
Not really. I like to do my homework before I spend money. And I was taught to learn from other's mistakes, and pick their brains, so I can avoid the same mistakes. Work smarter, not harder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 11:29AM by Newalkyholic.

Re: Louisville LSS November 17, 2018 05:30PM
A phone call will be your best money spent doing that home work and make some friends along the way.Now by the way i cant decipher myself sometime,s hope i helped

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520