Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 08:49AM
Heard the outlaw pro class is considering a 5in wimer? Any truth to this? What's everyone's thoughts?

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 11:51AM
Well that will be the decline of another Outlaw class that changed the rules in the last year. Look what happened to Limited Pro Stock this year. Oh well, might as well have a all big block John Deere class like everyone else.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 12:23PM
It’s about time, I realize the costs involved but at this point they are nothing but glorified limited pros it’s time for everyone to step up and run pro stocks!

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 11:46PM
There is not going to be enough difference between a 4.9 hyper they have run for years and a 5 wimer to know the difference. The sled will just go up a gear or add a weight in the box. They will go the same speed down the track, stop in the same spot. Only difference the pullers will be out a boat load of money for new turbo and breakdown more often. The bigger the turbo the more the big block John Deere will dominate like you see on the PPL and NTPA circuits. Outlaws keep changing the rules in the Limited Pro Stock class with recast heads, big pumps, bigger turbos and now you see more breakage and less tractors. At least they don’t have to worry about the big block Deere in that class. Not sure about the rest of the country but farming not that great where I live and more expense and breakage not what I’m looking for.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 01:32AM
The big blocks are back in the limited pro class. About time.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 01:56AM
I’ve watched prostocks pull in NTPA , PPL and Outlaws and yes there is a huge difference, in my opinion the Outlaw tractors are closer to the limited pro tractors than they are to prostocks from other organizations and I’m not a Deere guy but they dominate in the Outlaws too and as far as breakage goes there doesn’t seem to be much difference, yes you see in more in NTPA and PPL but there are typically classes of 15-20 so more tractors =more breakage.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 03:38AM
With the sled set right the fans can't tell a difference between PPL Pros and Outlaw Pros when they aren't hooking together. The only difference is PPL pros blow their tires off and finally hook 100 ft down the track. I'd also bet that Outlaw Pros can make more passes on a motor than what a PPL pro can. Roberts created the rules in mind of longevity and cost. The guy is great when it comes to studying classes and coming up with rules.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 03:45AM
If that’s truly the case then the sled is never set right ...agree to disagree?

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 03:52AM
One thing for sure there were a lot more pullers when Roberts was in charge. The new people in charge seem to like pullers having to spend a lot more money. From what I have seen these rule changes the last year or so to be like other associations haven’t worked. Kinda went backwards as now Outlaw pullers go pull elsewhere and pullers from other associations haven’t come to pull with Outlaws.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 03:53AM
You hit the nail on the head

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 04:15AM
For sure
One thing for sure there were a lot more pullers when Roberts was in charge. The new people in charge seem to like pullers having to spend a lot more money. From what I have seen these rule changes the last year or so to be like other associations haven’t worked. Kinda went backwards as now Outlaw pullers go pull elsewhere and pullers from other associations haven’t come to pull with Outlaws.

If previous rules which prevented competitors from competing in other orgs were changed to allow freedom of choice, why are competitors choosing to pull elsewhere and why are others not choosing to come and run since the rules now allow their participation?

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 05:58AM
From what I have seen the rules were pretty much the same in 16 17 and 18 and some outlaw competitors had equipment to run outlaw but also run elsewhere if they chose. Those rules allowed no one from the outside to come in.

What outside tractor was going to purchase a turbo or switch pumps to pull 1 or 2 times at an Outlaw event? Really cant see how numbers could increase unless others are allowed to compete too. With ag economy down I am betting new tractors being built are less too.

I did see the Outlaws raised just shy of $18,000 last night for their scholarship program. That's pretty impressive.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 04:15AM
Maybe they are after different/better competition. And anyone that has seen the ppl or ntpa pros run can tell the difference. There's probably a 1400 hp difference.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 09:23AM
Maybe
Maybe they are after different/better competition. And anyone that has seen the ppl or ntpa pros run can tell the difference. There's probably a 1400 hp difference.

I've heard that a NTPA-PPL Pro is probably 3600 HP or so...So you are saying a Outlaw Pro is only 2200 HP.....I don't think so.....I've seen some good 4.1's pull against them and they are 20 ft behind the Outlaw Pro's..

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 04:18AM
Because they cant with the spec turbos and fuel rules.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 01:04PM
Heard Pros will stay the same but they will be changing the 4.1 rules to all PPL rules. Biggest mistake ever.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 01:20PM
Yes, pro stocks sound like they will stay the same, LPS changed some rules that make since for outlaws moving forward , but did not copy all Ppl rules , they did however adapt new outlaw rules.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 17, 2018 01:29PM
Sounds like someone is worried, outlaw will be taking some of their pullers,how can it be a mistake for outlaws but good for PPL, outlaws had really good support for all rule changes.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 08:20AM
My question is has promoters or fans complained about the Outlaw Pro Stock class. The numbers are good, they travel to the pulls, probably best numbers than any class in Outlaws, if not close to to top in participation. I have attended many Outlaw events and have yet to hear anyone complain in the stands and most think it’s the best class. So why all this complaining, is it pullers from other groups jealous that they do not get to go to some of the great events Outlaws has without having to change their tractor to Outlaw rules. That there choice and nothing wrong with that. I been to quite a few PPL and NTPA pulls and sometimes numbers greater and sometimes not. At the Missouri State Fair last year some Outlaw Pro Stocks ran with the PPL Pro Stocks and couldn’t tell the difference as sepearated by about 2 feet. I think the Outlaw guys are a lot smarter running rules that keeps the cost down and less breakage. Someday there is not going to be pulling or very little if things keep on as it is going in most associations. Only the guy with the unlimited pocket book is going to be left pulling and not going to be enough of them. I think Doug Roberts was the only one with the foresite, knowledge or whatever to see this. He had the numbers and Outlaws was the best pull going when he was head of it. That’s just the facts!

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 10:19AM
Truth is if you compared number of events from 2012,2013 and 2014 to 2015, 2016,2017 numbers were starting to get less even when Doug was in control that was because pullers told him they wanted less hooks also True fact when corn was seven and eight dollars there was more people traveling so numbers definitely have declined from those years of pulling in all organizations,but numbers were declining already in 2015 and 2016, Also in 2012 PPL was just getting started in the midwest so there’s more competition today ,thankfully those numbers now seem to have stopped declining, Also things that worked 10 years ago don’t necessarily work today if they did you all would be still farming a quarter section of land like your dad did ,instead of 3000 and 4000 acres, if you don’t change with the times and change the way you do business from what you were doing 10 years ago then you won’t be around ,for those of you who wanna continue to look back go ahead but it looks to me like the outlaws are looking forward and good for them

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 12:36PM
Not sure what you are smoking and you sure not pulling with Outlaws. In 2015 Outlaws set all kinds of records as far as number of pullers in the association. Then in 2016 I think Doug cut back on some smaller pulls but set a new record for most pullers in the association. Then in 2017 there were even less events and pullers started leaving. Not sure why some left, but that’s what happened.

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 18, 2018 01:02PM
The windshield is bigger than the review mirror, keep looking forward outlaws

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 20, 2018 03:54AM
Why does it seem that most of this thread sounds a lot like the same person just changing their name and posting their opinion....

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 20, 2018 04:55AM
Looks to me like no one has signed a name on this whole thread!

Re: Outlaw Pro class November 20, 2018 08:32AM
Neither did you .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009