Dave Schreier stepping down! December 04, 2018 12:47PM
Is it to late? Has he run it into the ground to the point of no repair? You can be whoever they elect will most likely be his carbon copy!

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 05, 2018 02:48AM
David P. Schreier, WPI CEO, Announces Retirement
IMG 9090 cropWorthington, Ohio---World Pulling International President and Chief Executive Officer David P. Schreier announced his upcoming retirement at the National Tractor Pullers Association's 48th annual Convention and Awards Banquet. The statement came at the end of his opening remarks on Saturday, December 1.

"I will step down from the WPI Executive Board at the March 2019 WPI annual meeting," Schreier told the gathering of competitors, promoters, sponsors, NTPA personnel, and families. "I will retire as Chief Executive Officer on June 1, 2019."

Schreier had informed the WPI/NTPA office staff and Executive Boards of his intentions in private meetings prior to the banquet.

"I'm confident that Gregg [Randall, NTPA General Manager] and the staff, with the support of the WPI and NTPA Boards, will carry it forward and maintain the position that we have in the motorsports industry."

Schreier was elected the first president of the Executive Board of WPI, the holding company formed in 1985 to operate the NTPA. Originally chartered in 1969 to bring uniform competition and safety rules to the nascent motorsport, the Association had by the mid-1980s incurred debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Aided by shares purchased by individual benefactors, member states, and other organizations, the privately held corporation raised funds to repay the Association's creditors and repair relationships with competitors, promoters, and insurers. Now financially sound, the NTPA sanctions approximately 200 sessions of national and state-level competition each season.

"[There were some] rough years early, and there were a lot of people who didn't agree with a lot of things. But we kept at it, kept doing what we felt was right, and kept moving ahead. And I think where we stand today proves that we are on the right track and stand as the top organization in all of pulling."

WPI remains its parent company as the NTPA enters its 50th season of competition, meaning that Schreier will have been its leader for over two thirds of its existence.

"I want to sincerely thank the office staff, and all the past staff members, for their dedicated hard work and support. Thank you to the shareholders, the promoters, the officials, the sponsors, the member states, and especially all the present and past competitors and their families for their support of NTPA pulling.

"I want to thank my loving wife Christine," Schreier concluded, "for all her support and understanding throughout the 34 years."

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 05, 2018 03:53AM
I also heard he's selling his WPI stock. My guess Vaughn B is the next owner.

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 05, 2018 11:30AM
Little Bird

Forrest Lucas ,...……..Cool

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 05, 2018 02:04PM
Little Bird

Ding ding ding!!

that will never happen December 06, 2018 12:26AM
That might be what’s best for the sport! 1 sanctioning body, I just don’t see it happening. Tractor pulling is the only sport I know of with multiple sanctioning bodies. If the three combined into one, with all the big names in the three, the national events would be amazing. There is only one NHRA, one NASCAR, one NFL etc. Tge multiple sanctioning bodies have diluted potential sponsor dollars and made the rules a convaluted mess. Lucas taking over NTPA would be a positive step forward.

Re: that will never happen December 06, 2018 02:07AM
What are you drinking? There may only be one large and prominent sanctioning body in circle track and drag racing but there are multiple other sanctioning bodies.

Link

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 06, 2018 12:36AM
Thanks a lot Longtimer for infringing upon my long time handle. Please let be known that I, "longtimer", Did NOT author what "Longtimer" penned. Besides, I do not completely agree with your last sentence.

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 06, 2018 02:40AM
I hope Vaughn Bauer buys the shares and makes some changes. I think he will go with Doug Roberts. They were always close and he helped Doug on sleds for Outlaws, big screen and make a good fit.

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 07, 2018 12:59AM
That's why you register your username ;>)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 07, 2018 01:51AM
One thing I would like to say, is I do believe that Mr. Schreier has done what he believed was best for the NTPA, I feel he Loves the Organization and did the very best job he could. I have not agreed with some decisions and directions they have gone over the years, but it is easy to sit back and be an arm chair critic of the job folks have done. The NTPA is a strong organization with great safety rules, and many wonderful venues we love to go Pull when we can. I just don't feel its right to belittle or bring down someone at the end of their career, let them retire with dignity and respect. I am hopeful that who comes next will have a plan that will appeal to the markets and bring on many new Sponsors, and take things to the next level. Would this only have been possible because the Leadership has brought the Organization from basically broke and almost out of existence, to what is a strong viable Organization that can now move to the next level?

BB

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 07, 2018 07:51AM
IF i would have registered years ago it would be un telling what my thumbs up and down count would be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 07:54AM by Lewis Conner.

Re: Dave Schreier stepping down! December 06, 2018 12:48PM
Do you really know how WPI stock works? Just because you buy one or more shares of stock does not give you any authority over the operation of either organization. There is really no benefit to owning WPI shares--no dividend, no increase in value. The $5K share bought ten years ago is still only worth $5k today, so actually a decrease in value. At least that is how I understand it. JW

well JW December 06, 2018 01:19PM
Well JW
A person can own 2 shares. If I remember right, Dave owned 2, Christine owned two, Chris owned 2, and Tomah owned two. Dave would vote those 8 votes. As the years went by and shareholders passed away or quit attending Dave would then request their proxy votes. So he would send out a letter to the shareholders that they would sign and that would give him permission to cast their votes as he saw fit. I am not sure who all owns shares now. I think right now OSTPA still owns 2, I don’t know if Ronnie Reed and Ron Barga still own a share, Larry Richwine, George Everett, Bill Voreis, Jeff Shaffer, Gardner Stone, pretty sure Kent Enderle owned one I don’t know if his son Mike controls that now. Moral of the story is Dave may not have owned it, but he controlled it. The turning point in the story is when Loy Thomas signed the letter of perpetuity relinquishing control of NTPA, it was at that point NTPA ceased being its own entity. Up until that point NTPA was continuing to pay off their debt and eventually they would have been their own entity again and WPI would have ceased. I want to say that happened in December of 05. It was the same meeting pullers were complaining about sled settings and Vaughn Bauer blew a gasket. It was also the same meeting Dave stood up and basically told NTPA they had no say in business matters anymore. It was also at that point the NTPA board became decorational figure heads and really didn’t have much of a say anymore.

Re: well JW December 06, 2018 01:58PM
I am not trying to be an expert but here is what i recall .... and this is open to discussion. at the meeting in Minneapolis in 1987 it was announced that NTPA was in deep financial trouble. at that time 55 shares of WPI stock was sold for $5000 each. NO one could buy more than two shares at that time and the rules stated that NO one person could own more than two shares at any time. Anyone who bought a share at Minneapolis had to agree to offer to sell their shares back to WPI for the same $5000. In later years WPI purchased two shares to bring the outstanding shares to 53. No idea how many shares (53 or less) exists today. There are a couple of shareholders who can not even be located today. Each of those shareholders gets a single vote when the WPI Board meets. The CEO of WPI had to be a shareholder. Over the years Dave has been re-elected by large margins bi-annually and contrary to some opinions (and unless it changed) Dave received only a yearly 'token' payment for what he has done to keep the organization in tact for over 30 years. Rick Feicht

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms