Let's stir the pot November 25, 2018 02:59PM
Let's talk about the NFMS tractor pull for a minute. I think that it's time for new classes. First I think it time to pull the light limited super's. To do this class or two need to be cut. Now it time for me to make a few people mad. I think that the fair board should cut a Pro Stock class. That being said cut one night of it ( I'm not saying cut it all the way out). Let's cut the 4x4 gas truck class. The light limited super class is a class that the color and different manufacture's run wild. In my opinion this is one of the best classes for seeing a 190 allis, Cockshutt tractors, 560 farmall's, tractor's that pulled in freedom hall years ago. Let's have one or two more light super class. That class has been just a Saturday class for far to long. Bring a 466 diesel class in. The last we will say 10 years or so the tractor pull on Saturday night has not filled the seats like in years prior. I remember as a child coming to this and having to leave early to go to the pull because, of parking and not having to stand outside in the cold to wait to get in the door. The fact is that you can look around all 4 night of the pull and see lot's of empty seats. But what do I know...... Like I said let's stir the pot

Re: Let's stir the pot November 25, 2018 03:29PM
I agree, its time for LLSS to be at NFMS

Re: Let's stir the pot November 25, 2018 03:34PM
This is a great class. I feel like this class would be well received by the fan's. This is because farmers that comes to the pull, can look at the tractors that pull. And tell grand kids hey my dad had one of those. You can look at a Pro Stock tractor and say that......

Re: Let's be real November 25, 2018 07:00PM
i think llss will not happen unless there is a unified set of rules unless you want to see a bunch of 370 alky 470 diesels only which is what the majority of the tractors are just look at super farm and the differences between ntpa ppl outlaws and the headaches they have caused

lss will also not happen unless there are a bunch of good ones that apply again that have not applied in years or have maybe never applied to justify two sessions and a final do we know for sure how many apply

if you look at the numbers on the farm show website from last year they had 50 hooks in the biggest session and 46 in the smallest looks to me cutting classes from 12 to 10 to add a fifth class to each session might be the answer but that adds another sled change and awards presentation

so you would maybe have
wednesday light pro mods 4x4 gas pro stock super farm
thursday twd pro stock alky supers super farm diesel trucks
friday 4.1s, pro stocks twd diesel ss, lss
saturday afternoon lss, pro stock llss 8500 lps
saturday night dss mods twd lss pros super farm 6 in each class except pros with 12 and offer a finals to a different single session class each year to get to 48 hooks

Re: Let's be real November 25, 2018 10:07PM
I was trying to be nice..... But I'm going to be up front about this the gas 4x4 class suck's. The diesel class is fun to watch outside. I know that what I just said will make lots mad..... But guess I don't really care. Now that being said I'm not going to stop going to the farm show or tractor pull. I just think its time for new blood and new classes

Re: Let's be real November 26, 2018 02:53PM
not gonna happen
i think llss will not happen unless there is a unified set of rules unless you want to see a bunch of 370 alky 470 diesels only which is what the majority of the tractors are just look at super farm and the differences between ntpa ppl outlaws and the headaches they have caused

lss will also not happen unless there are a bunch of good ones that apply again that have not applied in years or have maybe never applied to justify two sessions and a final do we know for sure how many apply

How about the NFMS make their own rules for both llss and lss classes since it is THEIR pull?

how many super stock and pro stock classes are there currently in the USA? November 25, 2018 10:26PM
How many Super stock tractor and Pro Stock classes are there in the USA?

And what is the difference between a pro stock, limited pro stock, hot farm, farm stock, etc?

Re: how many super stock and pro stock classes are there currently in the USA? November 26, 2018 12:29AM
I thought the retro tractor classes were in louisville last week. So you want to remove the highest driver skill class in pulling (mod 4x4) which will also be instrumental in growing the sport going forward because it relates to a far greater fan base, so that you can add an unorganized retro class that makes low hp rules to ensure they cant even spin their tires. That sounds reeeaaal smart.

Re: how many super stock and pro stock classes are there currently in the USA? November 26, 2018 12:58AM
I would rather watch legends than any truck class.

Re: how many super stock and pro stock classes are there currently in the USA? November 26, 2018 01:06AM
Mod 4x4 Highest driver skill class in pulling?? That’s funny! I will say they definitely have their place at a pull otherwise I would miss something worth watching when I went to the bathroom!

Re: how many super stock and pro stock classes are there currently in the USA? November 26, 2018 01:03PM
I mean it takes SO much skill to drive a 4x4 truck. I mean driving on 4 tires is so so so much harder than driving on 2. Driving a LSS or any tractor class is were the greater skill set comes to play. Having to learn to feel what the tractor is going to do is much harder.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 09:10AM
Here's my .02 worth.... drop one qualifier of 10 pros in favor of a 7500 regional level mod class. Twin hemis, triple chevys, twin allisons, I guess turbines are out of the question at NFMS, I'm sure there are a couple exotic others that could be added to give some more variety....

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 09:36AM
I am down with dropping a pro class, but not for adding any other new classes until there are 2 lss sessions or at least a finals!

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 10:25AM
I agree with you LSS fan. But if they dropped the 4x4 gas and diesel classes and a Pro Stock class. Then we as the llss class could have a Saturday afternoon spot and championship like the LSS. Then you guys could have a 2 night deal and a Saturday night spot

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 10:53AM
I’ll buy into that, I too love the LLSS class and it’s diversity. I personally dislike the 4x4 gas burners and do not believe they appease and draw in the farming crowd. However, I do believe the 4x4 diesels have a huge following and do draw in a lot of the younger crowd. But, it is an annoying class to run indoors in tight quarters like Louisville.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 01:00PM
Yea LSS fan the quarters are very tight to try to turn those long trucks around.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 02:03PM
You like to talk to yourself lots?
One person talking to himself will not sway the NFMS committee.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 26, 2018 04:57PM
Let’s set the facts straight........ I have not been the only person to bring this topic up. So pointer outer if you have any ideas that could help us who want this class at the NFMS are all ears. But if you don’t we will just talk to ourselves. Thanks

Re: Let's stir the pot November 27, 2018 02:47AM
The LLSS class, and also the 466 whatever pump whatever blah blah Turbo classes are not on the Level of competition that is deserving to be on the Track of the National Farm Machinery Show! Period! These are beginner classes, that run at County Fairs and rightfully so. When you put hundreds of thousands of dollars into your Puller then Haul it all over half the Country competing in National Level Pulls, then you earn the right to compete at this Level. Even so, many that do, will not get accepted, now your wanting to further remove spots from Guys that put this much into Pulling, so you can see a Cockshutt go down the track! McConnel just had your Pull!

Re: Let's stir the pot November 27, 2018 03:07AM
LLSS class would be a great addition. Maybe even a legitimate light pro class instead of modified farm turbo or whatever they call themselves.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 27, 2018 04:56AM
everyone is selfish and wants want they want,so how do we solve issues?????????? THE PROMOTER has the say,people that dig pulling are going to come regardless.

Re: Let's stir the pot November 27, 2018 11:48AM
Tom will have the llss class with his vintage series he will be the man to get it done if it gets done

Re: Let's stir the pot December 18, 2018 04:08PM
I was thinking they need to add the 9500lb Hot Farm class. This class is growing and has lots of color, not to mention they put on a good show at 30mph!

Re: Let's stir the pot December 19, 2018 02:04AM
Why aren't the Mini Rods in Freedom Hall? There isn't much bickering about rules or cheaters, and they don't take up very much space. Not to mention they are a crowd pleaser.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520