Roberts rules October 31, 2018 02:19AM
Was looking for rules and diagrams that Doug Roberts put on here about 2 years ago for our club meeting coming up in November. One was a tractor measuring diagram. Also rules and diagrams for LSS class with cast rear ends and weights. He also had charts on how to figure movable weight. Also his copy of the LLSS class rules when he was starting that class for Outlaws. Thanks for help on this, I tried to look back but couldn’t find. Is there any other way to bring up past info if you knew who posted it?

Re: Roberts rules October 31, 2018 02:38AM
[www.pulloff.com]

Re: Roberts rules October 31, 2018 03:44AM
Thanks so much that what we were looking for. Could you find his rules for the LLSS classhe was starting before he retired from pulling. I think Outlaws went with different rules than what he had.

Re: Roberts rules October 31, 2018 06:18AM
I don't think that he ever publicly posted his LLSS rules. THIS LINK is probably the closest you will get.

Re: Roberts rules November 28, 2018 10:03AM
Does someone from Outlaws have the rules that Doug put forth for their new LLSS class. I know Outlaws went with rules like others have. That’s just not working for us and trying to get new ideas.

Re: Roberts rules November 28, 2018 12:20PM
Give me a call sometime 270 566 2901

Re: Roberts rules December 19, 2018 11:48PM
We had are rules meeting last week and starting new LLSS class and most in attendance didn’t like the rules now that most associations are running. That and a lot of them have different rules anyway. Some in the meeting had heard the different things Doug wanted to do and we would like to see his ideas. If no one has a copy of his rules what is a good contact number for him. Thanks for this site Jake.

Re: No disrespect intended, but..... December 20, 2018 01:10AM
Why not use the National Series rules? I believe they sought input and if you're legal under those rules, you're good at most places.

One complaint people have with the LLSS class is while they like the variety, pullers have become their own worst enemy. Every little group seens to want their own. Look at the TWD class.

With the exception of one single org that penalizes t-buckets a couple hundred lbs, every single other group in both the US and Canada that runs an Open/Super Modified twd class has the same rules and the class thrives (yes, I know about the group in Wisconsin that limits to 6-71s but I don't consider that to be a true Open/SM TWD class).

Re: No disrespect intended, but..... December 20, 2018 01:20AM
We go thru this same crap on every class,every topic, -- People ---- accept the fact that we will NEVER EVER agree on all the same rules,wants and likes on any thing in life,much less competition. Never going to happen !!!!!!!!!!

Re: No disrespect intended, but..... December 20, 2018 01:44AM
The National Rules have been out for Three years now. Call the the clubs reps that are running LLSS rules and ask questions. They will tell what's working , and I believe that most will give you a honest answer.

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Re: No disrespect intended, but..... December 20, 2018 01:58AM
I have found that same thing,call,people are nice for the most part and want to contribute,improve and help promote,however I see so many build tractors that don't fit and then want rules made or bent for themselves. All across the country we have had uniform rules,classes for a day or two, LOL and then every place a mile down the road says yes this is good, --- but then changes what they want for their own wellbeing.,keeping ceertain rules,discarding others,.Every place I call says we will make a class for you,if mine doesn't fit,I don't want to pull against myself,I call to see if My tractor fits and if not stay home or find a place that I can fit,not make new rules to accommodate each tractor.Common rules will never satisfy all.

Re: No disrespect intended, but..... December 20, 2018 02:12AM
What groups are using the national rules?

Re: Roberts rules December 20, 2018 03:00AM
To the best of my knowledge there are only 4-5 that are not using National Rulles and some that are not are very similar. They only changed a few things according to there location. And to fit what they already had. I have to agree that they will never be exactly the same across the board. But why mix them up so bad that nobody wants to go pull with other orgs. Keep them similar enough that they can run anywhere in the country. On all the aftermarket heads and component chassis stuff, I was told in school that History repeats itself, well go that route and it will, cost up will put a halt on the expansion. Leave it alone. Go pull and have fun.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Roberts rules December 20, 2018 05:05AM
Doug’s tel number is 417-860-9775. Not a better guy to talk too. Let him know that a lot of people would like to see what he had for rules posted on here.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520