IH input shaft December 30, 2018 12:59PM
Hi, I buy a used input 1566 spline Atlas and constant mesh gear set. I also install a figure eight support, does it need shim each side of the cm gear ? The gear hits the bearing cage and have loose between the snap ring and shim... any help is appreciated!

Re: IH input shaft December 30, 2018 01:52PM
Should have a shim between the bearing and gear for clearance, then get a shim whatever thickness you need to use your original snap ring groves. Can call Karl at atlas and he can send you the shims you need. Or If you can get a piece of 3" sch.80 pipe that you can use for a shim as well. Also be sure to shim your bottom shaft CM Gear to match up with the other gear.

Re: IH input shaft December 31, 2018 12:34AM
Thanks! Karl send me all information for the countershaft, but nothing for input shaft, that makes more sense now!
Also have questions about TA removal, I only have to tap and plug 1/8npt oil feed from
Mcv?

Re: IH input shaft December 31, 2018 02:45PM
Just weld holes shut I did mine it worked just fine

Re: IH input shaft January 01, 2019 04:40AM
Just weld holes shut I did mine it worked just fine
Thanks. Do I have to drill the main shaft ? or its not necessary just for pulling ?!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard