Missouri Fair Convention January 12, 2019 01:53PM
Any news out of Convention. New pulls getting started!

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 12, 2019 02:41PM
PPL has both days at Missouri State Fair and Outlaws is out. Talk was that Outlaws out of the Kansas State Fair too.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 12, 2019 11:15PM
Outlaws have only been at Missouri State fair for three years they had a three-year contract at a reduced price for three years ,
Missouri State fair drop them as soon as the contract was up ,the crowds were getting bigger every year so I don’t know what the fair is thinking ,far is Kansas State fair I don’t know nothing about that

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 02:18AM
Maybe it was about the cost? Doug was always making deals to get more shows for the Outlaws. I don't think the show quality was the issue in this case. I am guessing the new cost of an Outlaw show was more of the issue. They have a good show to offer. However, I don't think it's worth what they are asking promoters to pay these days. Outlaw shows are expensive. If as a promoter the show cost is considerably more than their competition, why wouldn't you look for other alternatives. Promoters have to make money to. Hard to make it work, if your shows can't break even at least. I get that Outlaws want make money like any business should. I am just hoping they aren't pricing themselves out of the mix.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 03:26AM
Wow how the mighty has fallen. Probably cost is a factor as I heard purse hasn’t went up but a bunch of services Outlaws charging has. That and the numbers of tractors and trucks are down in Outlaws. Has anyone seen a schedule yet? They were talking Outlaws down to just 3 pulls total in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. Less in Nebraska and just going to be a Iowa pulling association one of these days. Bad for the southern guys that built and supported this group all the years. I wouldn’t be surprised if less than 30 pulls this year.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 12:17PM
Less pulls in Missouri too. PPL picked up Troy & Marthasville.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 04:05AM
Just got off phone with Doug and he said he had no idea what’s going on. He said the crowd was down at Missouri State Fair and they contacted him about Outlaws coming back. He would only go back with at least a 3 year contract as shouldn’t left in the first place. Since Outlaws cost more the first year of contract had most savings, then less 2nd year and very little 3rd year. He figured crowd would be bigger by then and when time to do new contract the cost would be about the same and with better crowd they could afford it. The extra cost to Outlaws was more than made up with 1 time hook fees and merchandise sales at Missouri State Fair. He said Spencer County Fair is 5 year contract set up about the same way except no savings the last year so they also would sign up again as would be about same cost. Doug said he knew nothing about Missouri or Kansas State Fairs not having Outlaws till this weekend.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 04:44AM
Knowing that Doug has had nothing to do with the outlaws for the last two years why would you call him ,call an outlaw board member if you are really looking for answers

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 05:17AM
The reason I calle Doug is about every post was about his contract with the fair and money. He will tell you like it is without sugar coating it. If some outlaw official wants to get on here and explain things, go for it. He said he just found out and maybe Outlaws still in those two state fairs. Can’t believe everything on pull- off posts.

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 05:41AM
We all know how well Doug’s math worked

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 06:57AM
I live here in Springfield, MO and we have a big fair. The Ozark Empire Fair and we have had pulling at the fair as long as I can remember. It was mediocre at the best for years and then Outlaws came in and put on one of the best pulls you would want to see for a few years. Filled the stands and then just like that they were gone and back to a crappy pull. It wasn’t long there were no one watching the pull and they announced Outlaws was back and they dang near packed the stands that first year and have since. What a first impression when they came back. Great pulling vehicles, started on time and ran them through fast and wow that big screen. If I hear this Fair has dropped Outlaws for the 3rd time, shame on them. We haven’t missed the State Fair Pull on Sunday or Monday for at least 20 years. That is another fair that had Outlaws, great pull, seen stuff we never get to see, lots of people in the stands and then again just like that they were gone. Then the pull went down hill in both vehicles and fans and heard they may even quit having a pull. Then here came Outlaws back 3 years ago and just like that first impression here, what a pull. The crowds have grown the last 3 years so why does Fairs do this. Can’t they learn anything from history what the fans want to see. I just don’t understand this. I know one thing I have watched Doug Roberts work his butt off at both places doing all kinds of jobs. Not sure what the previous math comment was but I can tell you this Outlaws are not the same since he left and I am not the only one that thinks this. Never have talked to him. If you want to talk math like previous post just look at Outlaws the last 2 years. They went from 55 to 60 pulls to about 30 to 35. Looks like they have lost 75 to maybe 100 members and numbers of vehicles are the least I think I have ever seen in 20 years. This is real math straight from the website. I can’t say why this is happening as some groups are growing in vehicles around here. But I tell you this and I may be wrong, but I feel if Doug was till running the Outlaws they would still be in the Missouri and Kansas State Fairs if in fact the are not. He made things happen!

Re: Missouri Fair Convention January 14, 2019 04:09PM
Thanks Doug for all your insight under several different names lol. No one knows more about The Missouri State fair or Springfield then he would. Just saying.. I hope Outlaws do get it figured out. To much history!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,787, Posts: 229,973, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,101, Posts: 226,051.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009