Rare historic footage, 1977? NFMS. Can anyone identify these tractors? January 21, 2019 06:48AM
This link has a lot of mod pulling, 1977? Louisville footage but the first 6 1/2 minutes are from Louisville. i believe the year is 1977, based on seconds of footage of the awards for the 5000 modified class. I was there that night and remember Wayne Sullivan winning, and it looks like The Kentuckian at the front of the winners.

Back then the schedule was Wednesday 5 mod/9SS, Thurs 5 SS/7 Mod, Fri 9 mod, 12 SS, and Sat 7SS/ 15SS (there were minis and garden tractors also). I believe the person who shot this video is from Iowa because most of the ones I recall are from the Iowa area with a couple exceptions.

Just guessing, but I believe the person attended all 4 sessions and filmed the pullers from Iowa. The first part is from 5 mods/9SS, Looks like Ron Headley's Betty's Headache. Does anyone recognize any more mods? The 9SS shows one lone D-21. Does anyone recognize this one?

Thursday footage is minis (one tractor), 5SS, and 7 mods. Anyone recognize these? I believe the mod with farmall sheet metal is Vern Huser. Pulling Reference shows Ed Driesen winning. Was he driving one of the Olivers? Who drove the black AC (or any other tractors)?

Friday- I believe there is not a break between 7 mod footage and 9 mod footage. I recognize Bill Newlon's MM/allison and he would have definitely been in the 9 mods, but I only ever recall the Huser mod hooking in the 7 mod at Louisville. I've seen Tarantula in other footage. Who drove that? 12SS- appears to be 2 separate D-21s, one of which made a FP twice. Who are these?

Saturday- Minis, 7ss (one AC made 2 FPs), and 1 IH from 15 SS. Was the IH John Klug?

Any help ID'ing these is appreciated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 06:51AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Rare historic footage, 1977? NFMS. Can anyone identify these tractors? January 21, 2019 12:16PM
At 3:03 is Darryll Richerson [sp] Wooden Ia. IH 460

Re: Rare historic footage, 1977? NFMS. Can anyone identify these tractors? January 21, 2019 03:31PM
I believe the G1000 Minneapolis with the V-12 Allison is Bill Newlon from Prophetstown I’ll.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009