ATI balancer March 15, 2016 11:13PM
Does anyone run the ATI balancer and hub? Thinking about buying one seeing what you guys thought of them or have had good or bad luck with one? Thanks

Re: ATI balancer March 15, 2016 11:45PM
Just installed one 2 days ago on a sbjd. I heard good things about them and they are pretty cost effective. The only thing I didn't care for is how far it draws on the crank.....I can get a sheet of paper between it and my timing cover bolts and that's about it

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 02:59AM
Got two of them on 2 IH DT 466 ENGINES. Work just fine. For IH engine you have to use truck oil pump, 1.250 rotor for seal to match up.

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 04:10AM
1.250 long? I would like to do a setup like this. I was wondering if you could use a truck viscous damper also?

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 08:51AM
I see jegs sells it for $453 is this where you guys got yours?

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 09:26AM
Be careful. The "press on" hubs will gall (as in weld) to the crank. You may need a muffler cutter and cuss words to get them off. Use a taper lock hub to eliminate future trouble if over stock RPM. Been there, done that. Not fun.

Re: ATI balancer March 17, 2016 12:36AM
Got mine through Jegs, but the usually dont stock it. About two weeks wait.

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 09:41AM
Mr Big is right. They will weld to the crank and can mess up crankshaft. Tapered lock is only way to go.

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 10:24AM
Its my opinion but I would stay away from the ATI balancer. We had one of the press on hubs gall to the crankshaft and then we made a tapor lock hub for it. This also galled to the crank. Then we got a larger fluid balancer and no more problems. I feel that the ati is just too small for diesel engine of this size.

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 10:44AM
works well on pro stocks for many years and have no problems "welding"

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 11:41AM
I've used them on several IH 466 at both limited and open rpm without any trouble that I'm aware of. I have seen burrs on end of crank cause even stock balancers to gald on their way on and cause major problems with removal. From my own experience i've found that most of these galling and welding issues on either end of the crank are normally due to something in the rotating assembly either out of balance, bent or loose. Just my 2.

Re: ATI balancer March 16, 2016 12:10PM
I just looked up the ATI website and now there are 3 different weight balancers for the john deere tractors. I believe a while back there was only 1 size. The ones for the International tractors are almost 10 1/2" in dia. The small ones for the John Deeres which I believe is what we had is only about 7" in dia.

[www.atiracing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2016 12:12PM by J&R Machine.

Re: ATI balancer March 17, 2016 12:40AM
Got mine through Jegs,dident have second one in stock. bout two week wait.

Re: ATI balancer January 23, 2019 07:51AM
Who makes taper lock units? How are they built to remove them?
Thanks

Re: ATI balancer January 23, 2019 09:22AM
Interested
Who makes taper lock units? How are they built to remove them?
Thanks
I know that Riverside does. I am sure there are others, but I know that Phil does.

Re: ATI balancer on 8.1? January 23, 2019 05:20AM
Anyone have any luck running a ATI balancer on a JD 8.1? any way to still use front hyd pump and alternator with this balancer?

Re: ATI balancer January 23, 2019 11:35PM
VGM makes one so dose wipe out enterprises both should be able to bolt a pully on the front. To run pumps. I have the one from wipe out and it works great. And he did habe one in stock. When I called.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520