building a hot farm help wanted... October 20, 2018 04:22AM
I am building a JD 4440 for the hot farm class in the northeast; A-pump, t-3 turbo, 20.8x38 top cuts allowed. My question is where is a good place to start building if I am not able to jump all the way in and do everything at one shot. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2018 04:33AM by Iwanteda4255.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 20, 2018 04:28AM
What class are you building for

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 20, 2018 04:54AM
11,000 hot farm 466 ci limit

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 21, 2018 12:01AM
Are you planning on Interstates 11,000 Hotfarm class?
When’s a good time to call you? Might not be today.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 22, 2018 01:28PM
after 7

DeereMan
Are you planning on Interstates 11,000 Hotfarm class?
When’s a good time to call you? Might not be today.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 26, 2018 11:30AM
I have a 466 block fitted with roller lifters for sale. My cell is (330)692-0055. If interested give me a call.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... October 26, 2018 11:59PM
We bought a 466 Hot Farm this summer which was a previous East Coast Hot Farm. It sat a few years and was outdated but was a very good tractor and well represented by the seller. We are still learning how to get the most out of it without breaking the bank. We've only had one actual Hot Farm class hook with Snyder County pullers. We were 12th out of I think 15. Some Interstate Pro-Farms ran too. It was a very good test for us and I know we need at least another 200 hp. to be competitive with them. We ran exhibition with The pro-farm class and was again at the bottom of the class. I feel we did well for what we have with a 466 vs. 540 or more. I still believe as I did when I ran our 4320 enhanced tractor that you need a mod turbo/super farm built tractor to compete in either Hot Farm or Pro-Farm. The competitions thirst for more power will never end. We had a great time at Selingsgrove pulling and watching and can't wait to go back next year. You can check out Snyder County rules etc. on their web site. New York has a regular 466 class like East Coast but no intercoolers. I am going to check them out for next year. I can give you a call if you would like.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 16, 2019 03:40PM
Just so u know the interstate hot farm class is going to a s475 sealed box turbo for the 2019 season that must be purchased through one set dealer the turbos r not ready yet but should be in the coming weeks we would love to have a green tractor in our class you can call or text me if u have any questions 717-404-1370

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 12:38AM
Thanks I will be contacting you. I didn't know Interstate had a hot farm class so I will need lots of info. We are currently running the former East Coast boxed turbo so I'm not sure how that compares to S475. What are your cube rules ?

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 01:00AM
The class is 475 cube limit with a 12mm a pump water injection is ok but no intercoolers top cut tires only i think east coasts old box turbo was a s472 that was 2.8 inlet 3 outlet the s475 is a 3x3 so u would pick up a little more air our box turbo will be right around $1000 and will be available with different exhaust housings and sealed to be tamper proof

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 01:41AM
I guess the no intercooler leaves us out. We ran without one while ours was getting repaired and I couldn't really see the hp. difference. No one can tell me what the difference should be in numbers. I guess the main thing is we would have to run more water injection but not real sure on that as the data-logger didn't see that much difference in temp. with or without the cooler. New York state runs rules like yours. I like your cube and pump rule. Your on the right track for sure.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 02:06AM
We run no intercoolers and 12mm pumps to keep the class at a entry level price point and it makes the tractors a lot easier to work on with out piping and cooler and everything else jammed under the hood and worrying about bringing ice and all that

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 05:47AM
I totally agree. Good luck with the class.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 07:25AM
So 474 is 100% legal in Interstate? Is this a rule change coming or is there already a % variance?
Thanks much.

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 08:21AM
It passed interstate vote and is now legal 475 is max cubes we did that to keep the class cheeper so fords dont have to buy expensive genesis blocks or spend money to destroke a truck cranks to meet 466 cubes

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 08:40AM
Thanks very much for the info. I was just days away from decubing. Any other major changes, ROPS still ok?

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 09:54AM
Roll bars side shields skid bars transmission tie bars clutch blankets and helmets r required

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 10:38PM
What rules are being used at keystone I see there now running an 11,000 hot farm and some of the pro farms are now in that class?

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 17, 2019 11:59PM
I see that class added but not on the pull schedule. When will it pull ?

Re: building a hot farm help wanted... February 18, 2019 12:17AM
The rules for keystone r the same as pro farm just 466 cubes and is invation only for the first year it supposed to pull Thursday night with no finals for the class

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520