First Time Spectator Advice March 12, 2019 11:44PM
Hello Friends!
Me and my friend want to go visit an indoor event in Rotterdam this weekend, but we have never been to tractor pulling before.
What are the best seat locations?
Are ear plugs a must?
What are some things to keep in mind as a first time goer?
Thank you for your replies in advance!

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 13, 2019 12:24AM
I think the best seat location is towards the finish end of the track.
The modified’s are pretty loud so some ear protection for that class is good. I use my fingers. Other than that enjoy the show

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 13, 2019 02:26AM
JBDigriz, if you can get into the pits before the event starts and check out the equipment. I always enjoy talking to spectators seems like you always have something in common other than pulling.

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 13, 2019 11:09AM
First off, great to have a new fan go watch. Always love that.

I agree that near the end of the track are the best because you can see the entire hook and get a better gauge of how that competitor stacked up in the standings. If it’s a “bowl shaped” arena I’m not a big fan of watching the machines come straight at you but it’s your preference.

Usually at an indoor event though, most of the seats are good because it’s a smaller venue.

I agree it’s fun to get into the pits and really get up close with the equipment. And often times the drivers are there and willing to talk to you.

As far as ear protection, I just plug my ears so I can talk to my companions between hooks. The gasoline classes are loud but the diesel and alcohol burners aren’t bad.

Have a great time and let us know what you think of your first event!

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 13, 2019 03:26PM
Likely, the stadium temperature will not be as warm as your house. Then, to help with ventialtion and exhuast fumes from the vehicles, the cold/cool outside ambient air will be mixed in with the inside stadium air temperature. That means, as long as you dress quite warmly, then you will be comfortable. Short pants and a single sleeveless T-shirt likely will not keep you warm and comfortable. Talk with people who have previously attended Rotterdam.

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 13, 2019 07:55PM
Hi,
I have been to Ahoy a few times, and these are my suggestions:

Get seats as close to the finish as possible, and preferably at the lower deck (although upper deck isn't bad)
Ear plugs are a must ! ! !
It starts out a bit cold (jacket) but the arena heats up after a few classes (no jacket).
Expect to spend an hour or two in the open pit area (big building next to the arena) and remember, pullers a friendly people - They love to talk about their machines if you are polite and ask questions.

It is normally a great show and the promoters have been doing this for a lot of years - Expect loud music and cheerleaders in addition to the pull :-D

Food and drinks inside the arena isn't cheap, but that is to be expected at an event like that.

Hope that helps :-)

Re: First Time Spectator Advice March 14, 2019 03:02AM
wear layers,( always a great choice),be open minded and talk to people,enjoy and tell the drivers you appreciate them. LOL AND BRING SOMETHING NICE TO SIT ON !!!!!!!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason