Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators April 30, 2019 09:44AM
Here is a video I really like, showing out hot farm class (under 427 cui) from last Sunday.
It also captures a load of the atmosphere.
Just love it and "this is how we do it".
https://youtu.be/VvCV-3VipeY

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 09:45AM by Sascha.

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 01, 2019 03:48AM
I find it interesting how full the weight box on the sled is and how slow the weight box moves up the rails.

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 02, 2019 08:09AM
Really? Drop the pan early with a good load of weight, they are rpm limited so that it makes them lug it out. Not all classes need a drag race sled. Looks to me like an operator who knows how to get the best show out of the class in front of him if you ask me.

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 02, 2019 09:15AM
Huh?, that is not my assessment. Most of the tractors easily cruised well past the full pull mark originally. And the annoucer screaming Full Pull. A big percentage of class came back for a pulloff session. Boring! Yet, I watched the whole video. Somebody sure did not get the sled set properly to start with.
So I assume the Ford won, JD 2nd and IH 3rd. And those 3 did very well in their first hook. Would have been nice if results were posted at end, particularly for us yankees that are not at all familiar with the drivers name or tractor name.
Nice to see such a big audience.

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 02, 2019 10:59AM
In Europe they set the sled light so that most all pullers full pull the first time..I've watched European pulling videos for years and they've always done that...

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 03, 2019 01:07AM
The sled was indeed too light, even for our standards. But we fought rain all weekend and the track changed during the class and the first tractor they stopped at 99m is usually one of the stronger ones. In a way we were glad to pull at all.

A video, focused on the competition, with distances and tractor names would be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-T1TdE9Z9c

Nevertheless - the crowd (here?) loves Full Pulls and we usually try to do 1/3rd to 1/2 of the class through the gate.
Part of the story also is, some of the teams travel upwards of 400 mls (which may not sound much - but at diesel at 5$ per gallon ...) and they want to drive their toys.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 01:19AM by Sascha.

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 03, 2019 01:16AM
The results that day:

https://www.tractorpulling.de/id-2019-ergebnisse.html?file=files/cto_layout/img/ergebnissePDF/2019/Ergebnisse/2019_04_28_Fuechtorf_So.pdf

First class on the list.
As you can see the sled was set a little heavier for the other classes - and unfortunatly during the Super Stocks we had a rain out and had to cancel the last class of the day, too.

Saturday was more hot farms - in case you bother to watch:
Best class was the 3,5t (7700 lbs) rpm and inlet limited (68mm) bunch:
Video
https://www.tractorpulling.de/id-2019-ergebnisse.html?file=files/cto_layout/img/ergebnissePDF/2019/Ergebnisse/2019_04_27_Fuechtorf_Sa.pdf

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 04, 2019 03:41AM
Why is there ANY tractor class over 10,000 lbs. ????

Re: Atmosphere with Hot Farms at 13,000 spectators May 04, 2019 04:01AM
when it comes to "modern stock" tractors, 10,000 lbs is not a whole lot...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520