How does the promoter choose their classes. July 07, 2019 08:10AM
After looking at the NTPA schedule I started to wonder who selects the classes for the events? I see that in some shows they run the Mods and Unlimited Mods on the same nights . I also see the Lt Unlimited Mods and the Mods running together in a 4 class event. There are times when the SF and 4.1s are running together. Does the promoter pick or does the National Organization sell certain classes? Seems like more variety would make for a better show. I realize that it doesn't happen a lot, just wondering why it happens at all.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: How does the promoter choose their classes. July 07, 2019 12:09PM
"Does the promoter pick or does the National Organization sell certain classes?" = Yes, both ways.

Re: How does the promoter choose their classes. July 08, 2019 04:13AM
The Sanctioning of classes is a complex combination of promoter wants/needs and class scheduling. Seems like it would be easy but with over 200 sessions an a limited number of summer days this delicate balance of getting pullers hooks can be a headache at times. Travel distance, number of hooks, balance of national and regional events, competitors with multi vehicles in different classes all come into play. A promoter may want specific classes and depending on where the classes have hooked or will hook on the schedule come into play. Budget is also a promoters consideration. Hagerstown, MD a Grand National this weekend is a great example. Washington County Pullers wanted to expand pulling in their area to give fans some variety. So Light Unlimiteds, TWD's, Pro Stocks and Mods are in the line up. Grand National points leaders, Super Bee (Lgt UNL) and Sufferin Sanity (TWD) are LEADING IN THE POINTS coming into their home state pull. Pro Stock competitor Tim Ammons was instrumental in getting this pull off the ground and he represents a solid national class in competition. This is shaping up to be a great event, getting NTPA into a legendary track Hagerstown Speedway celebrating is 72nd year!
Back in the day NTPA traveled way out west to Rock Springs, WYOMING. Every competitor complained about the drive, myself included, but when we got there the red carpet was rolled out big time. After every session the crowd emptied the grandstands and anyone with a pulling team and even Dave Hager sled operator signed autographs. It was an NTPA Grand National that was awesome for the fans, but the distance to get to Western Wyoming was a major drawback and only allowed the one year of competition. The NTPA staff does a great job of juggling promoter requests and balancing the schedule to provide the pulling world the best opportunity to enjoy our beloved All American motor sport. If you are in the area of Hagerstown, MD stop by the tower and say hello this Friday and Saturday nights, pull starts at 7 pm.

Re: How does the promoter choose their classes. July 09, 2019 07:35AM
Doc, thanks for a great post explaining the process of putting a show together and the rational of the class selection.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009