Sweet Springs Outlaws July 22, 2019 11:11PM
What has happened to the Outlaw 4.1 class? Where are the tractors that usually run with them? Seen Mid Mo had more 4.1 show up at Boone fair same night at Sweet Springs.

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 23, 2019 03:22AM
I think the finally changed their turbo rule to match other organizations and maybe not everyone agrees with that idea??

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 23, 2019 03:52AM
Some guys that usually don’t miss an Outlaw 4.1 hook are staying closer to home this year to take are of farming operations.

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 23, 2019 11:41PM
Build it and they will come has bit them in the a$$!

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 24, 2019 12:39AM
Changing the rules was suppose to gain them more tractors. It just allowed everyone else not running for points to stay close to home. They shot themselves in the foot.

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 24, 2019 02:27AM
We had 6 4.1's at Sweet Springs Saturday night, They put on a really good show. Would you like to have 8-10? sure. But I think sometimes pullers and people deep in the sport forget about what the fans actually want. I'd like to remind everyone to get out of the pits and sit in the stands a few times a year with our actual pulling fans. At Sweet Springs Saturday night, our first hook went down the track at 7:04, and our last tractor hooked at 10:34. Thats a perfect show, its the same time span as movies, NFL games, baseball games, concerts ect... People dont need a 6 hour show or to see 40 tractors in a single class. The pulling world sometimes loses touch with what the fans actually want to see. Most want 8-12 per class, a few different colors/brands, and a fast paced 3-4 hour show. If you're at a pull this weekend, go sit in the stands and talk to fans, I think everyone will be surprised what they hear.

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 24, 2019 03:10AM
When you have to pay for a class I think you expect to get more than 6 tractors or get a discount.

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 24, 2019 03:53AM
Well considering I literally signed the check to the Outlaws Saturday night after the show, I can tell you I got what I expected and was happy with what I paid for. I talked to alot of spectators that night, all the feedback was positive, over the next few weeks, I will be listening around town and talking to people, I'll keep you updated as to what I hear directly from the fans.

Keith Dohrman

Re: Sweet Springs Outlaws July 24, 2019 06:36AM
I agree. I'm a fan who went to the David City Outlaw pull on the same night. They had four classes. Started at 7 pm and the pull got over at 9:30. I couldn't have been happier. I had a long drive ahead of me and went home, glad to get on the road early. I'm sure other fans stuck around to enjoy the fair.

On the other hand, I was at a pull in June where there was one track, probably five or six classes. They had trouble with breakage and reading the laser. I had kids with me. After three hours, I had had enough let alone my kids and we left without seeing the two best classes of the night.

Three hours is the max time for a pull. Quality before quantity. For those promoters who want to sell more beer to the younger crowd, put a local starter class AT THE END of the pull. The drunks will watch anything. They don't care. And how many highlight clips do we need to see of pulls where the hot farm tractor pulls before a full house and the super stock & mod classes have practically nobody in the stands?? Not only should promoters put there best classes earlier in the pull, if you want to book every class you better have two tracks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009