Timing Bosch VE on Perkins 354 August 09, 2019 04:06PM
I finally found a left hand rotation L107 Bosch VE pump that I’m working to mount on my 2-105 White. When I got it mounted, I was checking the plunger lift for #1 cylinder and it didn’t start lifting until a little bit after piston TDC. This seems too late to me. The perkins engine is a dot one and I think this pump was made for a few dot 4’s back in the day if that matters. The little info that I can find in the 6.354.4 shop manual says the pump lift should be .039” when the #1cyl is .049” BTDC. In order to get closer to that, I had to take the auxiliary drive great out and rotate it one tooth. Does this sound right? Also the pump has a max lift of .110” if that helps any one to help me figure out how to time this thing.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009