Hillsboro LSS August 06, 2019 02:38PM
Anyone know if any of the region 3/wtpa lights will hit Hillsboro? I think gunpowder is hitting both. Works out good with Norwalk Sat night.

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 06, 2019 05:31PM
I wish every LSS in the country that has the time to make it to hillsboro does! It was an awesome show last year and can't wait till this weekend!!

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 07, 2019 02:10AM
I know Hulls planned on it and I think the Red Thunder team may be going as well. Besides those two I'm not sure if any of them will or not.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 07, 2019 02:47AM
Nice, I was hoping some of the Wisconsin guys would make it.

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 11, 2019 06:32AM
I love Hillsboro and think it's really turning into a great pull, but that sled/track combination on Saturday was horrible.

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 11, 2019 11:54AM
I agree the class on Saturday was bad, but how come no one tried to move the sled over to the other side? Cummins Killer moved over early in the next class and had a great pass. I don't know if it would have helped the light supers, but I still can't believe 20 tractors made a pass with the reset, and the sled stayed in the same start position.

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 11, 2019 04:06PM
Sled was too heavy with the track not having bite so they weren't able to get off the line.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 12, 2019 05:28AM
Hi,
An LSS puller told me they should have put some weight on the front of the pan, to keep the hook point down on the ground.
The pan was lifting up and the tractors only got bite/loaded the motor when the box came forward enough to push the pan back down.
He also said the track got packed pretty tight from the Super Farm class that ran before the LSS.

Later . . . . . . .

Re: Hillsboro LSS August 12, 2019 06:55AM
We walked the track prior to the start of the SSDFWD class and it was clear the right hand side was very hard and slick. The middle was softer and the far left was dry. In my experience, the tractors will do better "floating" on a softer track with bigger tires where a truck can cut into the harder surface. However, we knew from the beginning that we were going to run the middle third of the track because it was so hard and slick on the right.

As far as I know they didn't change the sled setting between the LSS and our class. I won't say the sled setting wasn't part of the factor in LSS class but if everyone ran down the right hand side than that's on them not the track or the sled operator.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason