Bousema's at Bowling Green??? August 28, 2019 04:33AM
I thought I remembered from a few years ago they said due to large PS fields at BG, limited pros were not allowed to run. I remember something like this happened to Jerry Shepherd a few years back when he brought Barnyard Banshee over.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, the Bousemas hooked in the Friday night hook. The announcer said they were still running the 4.1s. They did not hook Saturday, not even shown as a scratch.

My questions: Is it correct BG does not allow limited pros to run the PS class? Did both Bousema tractors happen to break, or were they not allowed to hook Session V?

Re: Bousema's at Bowling Green??? August 28, 2019 07:56AM
Let me let you in on a little secret. It costs less to enter BG for one class as a perhook than it does buying tickets for you and your buddy, plus campground for the weekend. And you're parked where it happens and you have a hot wrist band that you can walk wherever (almost) you feel like. That is why you see guys with machines that don't belong show up to BG and enter for only one class.

Re: Bousema's at Bowling Green??? September 11, 2019 04:08AM
First off, it was a thrill for me to see Bousema's at BG. So this is not a put down on them. I respect and honor their efforts no matter where they compete.

It 's my understanding they played with in the rules and were given every opportunity to hook. NTPA rules govern entry and along with the BG board can and do create limits to entry.

NTPA Rules proposal: regarding Naturally aspirated minis/small block/small tire entries to NOT be allow at supernationals.
When people bitch about the "state of pulling" going down hill and NTPA loses events, I like to point to items like this.

If a vehicle passes tech they should be able to pull at an NTPA event. That is pretty much the case. Back in the day a promoter would welcome EVERY Hook they can get and for the most part that still holds true to this day. Some events NEED a puller to "step up" to another class and round out the field. Many remember the days of seeing some Pro National/Regional/State pullers hang by the NTPA Entry trailer until just before entry closed. They would wait to see if how many entered, back then purse was 15 places, so many pullers would weigh the option of entry and grabbing a purse check or going home empty.

Now with many events paying 10 places, that becomes less of an issue, however, as Old puller pointed out, that's a way to get a cheap weekend.

How many pullers does it take to make a great class? 50-60-100 or 15 competitive rides.

With real estate becoming important at some pulls, limiting the field to "competitive" entries becomes neccessary. A couple of N/A minis are tomah and bowling green doesn't upgrade the level of the show regarding performance.

I'm a strong believer in safe and competitive events. From rule making to end of Season points or special bonus programs, maybe it's time to "qualify" GN pullers.
Open entry to top ten in points (previous year) --past history of Regional competitor, past history in NTPA pulling could be a place to start.
Don't be afraid of competition, welcome it. However, at SuperNational events, some vehicles should not be allowed to move up in class, unless there is less than "x" number of entries?

Re: Bousema's at Bowling Green??? September 11, 2019 06:52AM
Two years ago we entered the Feissty Farmer in the GN Mod class for two reasons,one there weren't enough entries to take all of the checks plus we were already on the grounds for the Lt. Unlimited class. Do we like to get last place with an RN setup? No but as much as it cost us to be ready to compete why not get another check? Fast forward to this year and there were more entries in the GN Mod class so we didn't enter Feissty.

I think it depends on a lot of variables. A lot of times guys just want to be able to say that they have competed at BG or Tomah, it is a goal for most pullers even if they feel like they will be at the bottom of their class...doesn't matter they just want to be a part of one of the big shows. I've been there myself years ago, I knew I didn't have a shot but it was fun just being there.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009