Canfield Fair pull September 11, 2019 10:38AM
Anyone know why the numbers were so poor at Canfield this year? Been there in the past and it was a great event with Grand National Unlimited’s and Two Wheel Drive Trucks. I went this year and they had Regional Mods and Two Wheel Drives with only 12 hooks all together. USA Easts classes also had very low numbers. If not for the sled breakage the pull would have been done by 9pm. For what it cost to get in you would think they would have bigger classes and better numbers. Just sad to see a once great event in such decline.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 11, 2019 01:24PM
I can’t speak for the NTPA side, but I know that the USA EAST sanctioned classes are invitationals. The numbers in those classes are determined by the fair board and USA East, but with the fair making the bulk of the decision. 12 machines per class is what I believe the cut off was set to for the USA East classes. There were 12 tractors in both those classes (13 CSS actually because there was a new tractor in the field) 10 RWYB and 7 semis. So not really too far off their maximum size limit

I do believe that they expected more NTPA machines. That being said, the machines that were there put on a great show. It was great to see Husband and Wife go 1 & 2 in the Modified class with 2 monster passes by the Feiss Family. For the machines that were there I thought it was a great show. And yes it was over “early” but I believe it’s because it was efficiently run even with the sled breakage.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 11, 2019 02:33PM
I think there are several reasons for the lack of mod tractors. First this is the eastern most event for the mod tractors...a long drive for most of them. Secondly there are not as many tractors running this year for various reasons not to mention that the RN Mod schedule was split in half making part of the tractors opt to not run the whole RN circuit. Being as this is one of the late season hooks tractors that are out of the points chase might have not wanted to make the long trip.

The 2WD class kind of surprised me a bit as I thought there might be more trucks but again long drive for many, late season.

I will say this, the track was awsome for the mod tractors and the sled gave us a fun ride (after the reset

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 04:25AM
NTPA wants 2 day shows for grand national classes. That's why everything was R2. Next year come to Canton, it was 2 great shows!!

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 06:13AM
For those who weren't running points we didn't deal with the crap that that fair does with being not allowed in and locked in like kids at day care facility. We went elsewhere and was treated like we are there to put on the show.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 07:40AM
I actually had a conversation with a mod puller the lives in that part of Ohio and that's why he didn't come. It is a very fine line as to when you get there...to early you have to park outside the infield until a certain time but get there to late and you can get stuck in the traffic getting into the grounds. They say that every night it is gridlock for hours I all directions. I will say that they treat us well once we are on the grounds.

S'no Farmer

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 09:00AM
There were 72,000 people paid through the gate at the Canfield Fair on Saturday. This is the largest county fair in the state. Harness Racing occurs between 11:00am and 2:30pm and the infield (the pullers pit area) must remain pristine during that time. As soon as the horse racing is completed and equipment removed, the pit gate is opened for pullers and fans.

Just for reference, the pit gate opened at 2:45pm. The parking area adjacent to the pit gate was not full at that time. Thus the holding area at the rear of the Fairground was not needed or used again this year (as was the case in 2018). Pullers that arrived between 3:00pm and 4:00pm went directly into the infield with no delays. The traffic pattern at Canfield changes at 4:00pm and those arriving after that time did encounter significant traffic delays. So the 'sweet spot' for arriving at the pit gate has been the hour between 3:00pm and 4:00pm in each of the past two years.

The purses paid at the Canfield Fair are always "raised purses" well above the normal stated purse structures. The NTPA regional classes actually received a Pro National purse and the USA-EAST classes were all raised by 20%. This Fair is well aware of the obstacles that pullers may encounter.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 09:09AM
Go to canton next year! What a show it was! Definitely going back next year. Definitely worth driving by Canfield to attend a great NTPA show in canton.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 09:17AM
As one of the volunteers at Stark County (Canton), it pleases me to see all of the great feedback from our shows. I feel we built two great tracks (Friday was better) and we couldn't ask for a better turnout from the pullers.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 11:22AM
It was my first time to attend canton and I was very impressed with the show. It was one of the best power tracks I have seen, guys were running a lot of front end weight and still had front ends 2 feet in the air. I hope you can add a super stock class next year.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 01:57PM
Canfield used to be an awesome pull. Now just a brush pull with two region 2 classes. Hopefully the fairboard see's this and makes significant changes next year. There is a lot of top notch tractors in this part of ohio with family and friends asking them why they don't pull at canfield.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 02:48PM
First off, I cannot understand why they feel the need to lock the gates to the infield. Sounds like it's not worth the trouble.

Also, the fairboard there is lessening the show. Not only have they dropped GN classes, even with the FPP classes they used to run Super/Pro Stocks, this year they didn't.

Re: Canfield Fair pull September 12, 2019 11:01PM
canton is only a half hour west of there,canton has 2 nights,canton hooks pro and lt pro....the bleachers at canton are modern and comfortable to sit in,canfields bleachers were built right after ww2 and are the worst bleachers ive ever sat in,just terrible

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM