lss ignition September 23, 2019 07:52AM
Is a mag the only legal style ignition system that can be used on a light super stock tractor or can a coil on plug system be used instead?

Thanks

Re: lss ignition September 23, 2019 07:54AM
msd 8 ignition will work fine also

Re: lss ignition September 23, 2019 07:59AM
Coil on plug is legal as well, people will bash the hell out of it though. Unless you run with the outlaws, then you are not allowed technology older than 1910 or newer than about 1970 as mags and multiple coil ignitions are illegal.

Re: lss ignition September 23, 2019 08:07AM
I suppose people can bash coil on plug all they want. But it is simpler, more reliable, and cheaper and would be my preferred way to go over a mg if it is indeed legal.

Re: lss ignition September 23, 2019 11:42AM
The ignition would be legal, but is what is triggering it legal? All of the high power c.o.p. ignition boxes such as msd's new one and MW out of Australia need somebody ecu to trigger it. So the question is if you used megasquirt,holley,haltech, but did not use a map sensor to change timing by load and timing was fixed is it legal?

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 02:22AM
Ahhh, somebody who understands. JW

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 02:32AM
It can be done with a mag as well so what's your point.

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 04:23AM
My point is what is considered electronic control? The capability of a set of components?
Or is it OK if you have them but do not use them in that way? If electronic control is illegal and a ecu is defined as something that receives an input and delivers a output,then is a msd 8 box receiving a signal from a crank trigger and then delivering a high output electrical charge a computer or a electronic control?

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 04:42AM
Based on your posts you believe a pro mag 44 should be illegal. So instead of just asking a bunch of bogus questions why not recommend a system you believe to be legal.

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 05:44AM
No I guess i have been misunderstood and I apologize. I do not think a pro mag or msd box is or should be illegal. I would like to run a cop ignition but I ask the question and always get the answer that it probably would not be legal because it would have somebodies engine management ecu to trigger or control it, and that would be considered having an engine with electronic controls. But I say what if timing is not changed going down the track would it still be illegal? As for what I personally would run, MW pro drag 6 with ms3 pro ecu triggering the cdi box that will also do all data logging and connect to a racepak dash. Just my opinion, lots of options.

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 06:56AM
Both pro mag and msd use a electrical box for control so im not sure where the difference is to a cop system. Depending on the system all three can be changed going down the track or not changed if setup for it. I suppose I will move forward. It's not like ppl will give an answer to anybody about any of their rules. Just show up and say some big name shop did the system and they will look the other way.

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 07:10AM
I still don't understand why tractor pulling is stuck so far in the past. I really enjoy the lss class for the power and weight. But most of the time the class can disappoint with part of the tractors missing the tuning. Newer technology could eliminate this and make the show even better.

Re: lss ignition September 24, 2019 07:16AM
To lss now you understand what i was trying to explain, I feel the same way you do about the motor sport i love.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard