Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 15, 2019 07:42AM
I am taking my cast wheels off and I am Wondering what’s the best way to mount wheel weights to pressed steel wheels?

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 15, 2019 10:40AM
What type of weights are you wanting to hang? And how many?

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 17, 2019 03:38AM
The old Oliver wheel weights seem to have the right taper and bolt hole spacing to bolt with ease. At least the rims that we had. Also note that our wheels had holes that were at 2 different diameters, something to watch for when looking at different rims,

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 17, 2019 03:45AM
We have Moline weights bolted right on. 2 Grade 8 bolts, flat washer, and s lock washer and they fit perfectly.

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 17, 2019 01:21PM
Is there any disadvantages to mounting wheel weights to the rims? I am thinking about doing it also but am trying to decide if it will take more power to start the wheels spinning and keep the wheels turning or if I am just over thinking things.

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 18, 2019 12:41AM
It all depends on your set up. How fast your trying to go, tire cut, etc. MOST guys don’t mount them on. I know for our set up, we added weight and it worked great. Much better hook and not really any harder to start. Now that’s double cuts. If you have a more aggressive bar cut they will be harder to start. But that’s the nature of a more aggressive cut as it is...

So that’s a hard one to give a straight answer to. For us it worked...

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 23, 2019 11:01AM
We’re trying to mount IH wheel weights probably 3 on each side

Re: Mounting wheel weights to pressed steel rims September 24, 2019 01:34PM
How much ground speed and what do those IH weights weigh a piece?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,709, Posts: 229,813, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro