water vs p-pump September 24, 2019 01:19PM
I have questions I hope I can convey. Local club has rules that allow A pumps no P pumps. Can run any turbo.. 466 cubic in. can run 2950 rpms, 640 is the most cubes you can have and I think 2400 rpms is the limit..

There is talk of allowing water next year. How much horse power will that add to these tractors? Next question how much power would allowing any P pump add?
Thinking maybe if one added water they would need to stay with an A pump. If they do not add water maybe those could run a P pump.

Re: water vs p-pump September 24, 2019 01:26PM
My personal opinion is that any A pump rule is just plain stupid. You can buy a A pump that would run with any 13mm P pump, only it costs almost twice as much.

Re: water vs p-pump September 24, 2019 02:13PM
Dont allow P Pumps. The whole club has A pumps and it allows alot of color. Do you want water injection for 466 ci or both?

Re: water vs p-pump September 24, 2019 02:47PM
Think about it. Once you go with a P-pump you've gone down the path of no return. Yes there are A pumps that will compete until someone goes with the best P-pump made and at 640 cubes they are going to be the top tractors every time. Stay A pump with water. Water helps your tractor live longer. These clubs that run a 466 against a 640 is as stupid as it gets. Run a 466 class period. There are other classes for every single cube out there.

Re: water vs p-pump September 25, 2019 12:27AM
I don't have a horse in the race here but I agree 100% with R Hall. A pump only classes are one of my biggest pet peeve.

What are you accomplishing? The top guys are going to go out and buy a $6000 A pump to win. And is far less durable than a p series pump.

Limit it to a P-3000. You can buy a good used p-3000 for around $1500 and have a ton of fun with awesome durability.

Re: water vs p-pump September 25, 2019 01:00AM
Don’t worry about the cubic inches, put any pump up to a P-pump and put a small box Charger rule in place
Allow either water injection or an inner cooler all of these things can be checked in 5 minutes with no tear down

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 09:43AM
Where is this class running at?

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 10:31AM
Southern Il

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 02:07PM
Will different brands of tractors run harder with a p pumps than others?

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 02:23PM
All brands are not created equal dont matter what pump you run

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 02:30PM
Will different brands have more of a advantage over others

Re: water vs p-pump September 26, 2019 01:51PM
From original question what kind of HP Will water injection add. Also how much more fuel will need to be added to run water injection?

Re: water vs p-pump September 27, 2019 02:51AM
We went from a pump to a 7100 pump and then took out transmission gears out from extra power. If the class has good numbers and put a good show on, why would they want to change to something that could drop the numbers in class because of break downs then loose number of hooks because of lack of tractors. Don’t mess with something that could end club. If you want change look at other clubs that offers that option.

Re: water vs p-pump September 27, 2019 03:41AM
Do not change any of your rules or you will destroy the club. will be colorless with about 6 tractors left.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,848, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,975.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro