466 head studs October 01, 2019 11:59AM
Can anyone tell where to get head studs for ih 466 and may a part number or dimension? I have also seen guys use Cat head bolts are they as good as studs? Does anyone possibly have that part number? Thank you for any help

Re: 466 head studs October 01, 2019 01:13PM
Extreme Stud out of Indiana has what your looking for. Jeff Lee 317-696-7660,Great Guy to work with

Re: 466 head studs October 02, 2019 01:04AM
Another vote for Extreme! Excellent quality!

Re: 466 head studs October 02, 2019 03:39AM
A bolt is never as good as a stud. Extreme has a kit listed on their website. ARP offers the studs as does riverside and others.

Optitorque October 02, 2019 08:09PM
Optitorque Is who I’d call. They asked if I wanted hex or 12 point nut and what grade I wanted.

www.optitorque.com

Re: Optitorque October 02, 2019 11:54PM
Optitorque is just another name for Castner performance. Make your own choices but I would not put anything they built on my motor. If you want to buy off a catchy name go for it but. Buy from a trusted company extreme studs or arp.

Re: Optitorque October 03, 2019 04:02AM
What's so wrong with them have you seen how many trucks and tractors they have done and how good they run there is nothing wrong with them and I would put anything on my motor that they build and there new company there bolts are really nice I would use any of their products

Re: Optitorque CORRECTION October 03, 2019 04:33AM
Thank you for thinking the name is "Catchy". Optitorque is not a cover up name for Castner's Performance. While located on the same campus Optitorque operates under its own LLC With its' own federal ID, has its own Employee's and will soon be ISO 9000:2015 certified to pursue fastener opportunities for oem tier one suppliers. A new building was built to House the fastener manufacturing equipment. We have a complete metallurgical lab on premises with tensile, fatigue testing, torsional machines certified by outside A2LA accredited vendors to aerospace specifications. Our capabilities across our 8 thread rolling machines allow for the Hard thread rolling Post heat treat to 4" inches in diameter and 40 feet long. Our 18' tall 250 ton vertical forging Press allows us the ability to hot head (forge) Ultra high strength fasteners up to 1.5" in diameter in 1 hit.

check out Optitorque's facebook page for updates. Coming soon with be monthly product and apparel giveaways,Technical videos, live fastener fatigue and tensile tests showcasing strength levels,fatigue cycle failures, creep and corrosion tests of all the above mentioned manufactures products.

Re: Optitorque CORRECTION October 03, 2019 05:19AM
I know that you looked at National machine s for this business, is that what you ended up with? Curiosity is only reason I ask.

Re: Optitorque CORRECTION October 03, 2019 07:38AM
Yes and no. We have been in negotiations on 2 separate 5 die nut forming machines to help increase production and leverage our market price point against our west coast competitor on 12 point nuts below 1/2". The under head lengths required on the long bolts and the internal hex we put in the long studs mean we have to wait for a machine to come available on the market that has the proper provisions. Currently the longest bolt/stud we could produce would be 16 inches under head length at a much slower production rate than a progressive header.

Re: Optitorque CORRECTION October 03, 2019 12:18PM
How much for standard length dt466 head studs with nuts?

Re: Optitorque CORRECTION October 04, 2019 12:46AM
Thank you Ross for the reply. I just want to thank you for looking to a American company to help with your needs instead of looking straight to overseas suppliers. That is where I make my living at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 12:47AM by R Hall.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,843, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,970.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro