Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 04, 2019 02:24PM
On January 16th, 2020 during the Noon session of the Midwest Winter Nationals there has been an additional class added, a 5150# Open MPH Antique Class.

The rules are as follows:

Open Speed

5150#

3000rpm

1961 and older

18.4x38, Any cut, Bias Only

Front weight bracket length 11ft maximum from centerline of rear axle

Side shields required

Working kill switch required

Seats must have a seat back with a minimum height of 8 inches

Fenders required

Max 20 inch hitch height, minimum 18 inch hitch length from center line of rear axle

Gas or Diesel only

No turbos, superchargers, or nitrous allowed

Single updraft carburetor only

Narrow or wide fronts allowed. Must have provision to tow tractor from trailer, to pits, and to edge of track.

The application to apply for this invitation-only event is at

[www.whatssmokin.net]

Download and follow instructions on the form, return it by 12/9/19. Entry fee is $185 through 12/9/19. Total class payback is minimum of $2000. Any application questions can be directed to Klint Tucker at Klint@whatssmokin.net.

I want to thank Klint Tucker for reaching out to me about offering another opportunity for antiques to hook. Also a huge thank you to Chris "Flea" Kahrhoff for his help in developing the class, his input has been awesome!

PS -
If you reply to this post -
Use your real name, I will not dignify questions from keyboard ghosts. Ain't got no time for that.

Thank you.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 05, 2019 11:54AM
not going to use my name but all that need to know, I am elated to see this type class hit gordyville, it will be fun but not another 4020, 1066 class hope there are some good tractors that plan to make the trip

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 06, 2019 12:58AM
I'm going from pa to see this,but in the antique world it's just another 1000 plus cuin mm class..just like all of pulling cube limits shoulda been put in 30 years ago

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 06, 2019 01:21AM
Patches I fully appreciate what you're saying but there are but a handful of big MM's that could make this class and maybe...maybe get balanced enough to run on that track and be successful...the last part is my feeble minded opinion. All this being said if they can fit the rule set they are more than welcome to come pull!

Thank you for your reply!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 05, 2019 01:55PM
I agree George and hope it goes great
you have to try new things and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but you never will know unless you try rite Bryan Lively

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 05, 2019 04:00PM
Wade and George thanks for the feedback. I think this is an opportunity for a different crowd to see antiques in a new light. Growth in antiques seems to be in 6-8-10-12mph classes and a lot of those tractors can get up and run hard beyond those speeds.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 12, 2019 04:59AM
Thank you to everyone who has applied for this class, please get your applications in as soon as possible if you wish to compete!

We have officially named the class Heritage Pro Stock as well.

Thanks again.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 12, 2019 08:41AM
Who applied

Re: Antique/Classic Open MPH Pullers - Attention! Gordyville class opportunity! November 12, 2019 11:55AM
Still taking applications until 12/9/19

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520