Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 03:30AM
If you take photos at an event please watch this video. #promote365 VIDEO

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 06:20AM
You do realize that A LOT of people don't want there Facebook,Instagram timelines spammed every 2hrs with ads from the same promoters or builder. One builder all of sudden took your #promote365 advice and have been blocked by myself and I'm sure others. Don't over promote it will get sour after awhile.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 07:09AM
You make good points but what you don't realize is the only reason you see more of certain promoters and certain businesses is because only a few of us post enough content to feed the demand of pulling fans.

You do realize that A LOT of people do want to see more pulling, and its not spam if you follow it. That is what is great about social media if you don't want to see you unlike or unfollow that page, then you don't see it anymore. What do you do when you see a TV commercial or an ad in magazine you don't like. Turn off the TV, flip the page.

al·go·rithm read about learn about it. Algorithm only send content to your timelines that are popular and the computer thinks you will like. I am asking everyone to post one time a day about their event, team or association that is it.

I am sick of seeing pulling on TV and half the stands are empty. I am sick of negativity, we need new fans.

By the way, that certain builder has picked up 700 new followers in the last 10 days, and lost 12. They will survive with out you liking their page. I did the math the net gain is 98.2857% #promote365 or keep blaming others. The Motorsports fan dollar is a battle, we need everyone promoting.

Jason Schultz

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 07:25AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:43AM
We've all heard people say how we wish there had been more photos or videos of tractor pulling 30, 40, 50 years ago. Be glad that future generations won't have to say those things, because we have people out there taking the time to photograph and record pulling events, and promote the sport in ways we'd wished we had back then.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 09:26AM
Agreed

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 09:26AM
With straighten up

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 03, 2020 12:36PM
via Imgflip GIF Maker Build your brand, post daily.

Jason Schultz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 12:40PM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 09:31AM
i picture jason as more of a grindr app user.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 09:45AM
I had to go look up grindr because I had never head of that. I am glad you know your way around the internet.

Search Results
Web results
Grindr: Home
[www.grindr.com]
Grindr is the world's largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Download Grindr today to discover, connect to, and explore the queer ...
‎About · ‎Contact · ‎Grindr for Equality · ‎Grindr Support

Jason Schultz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 09:57AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:24AM
Sounds like tictoc knows all about grindr. Wonder how he or she knows about such a site????

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:30AM
TikTok - Make Your Day
[www.tiktok.com] › ...
TikTok is the destination for short-form mobile videos. Our mission is to capture and present the world's creativity, knowledge, and precious life moments, directly ...
‎Trending · ‎TikTok Ads · ‎Contact · ‎About

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:33AM
Check out Mad Pulling Pics

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:34AM
Check out Motorsport's Foto's By Ham Boyz racing toys

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:35AM
Check out Foggy Bottom Images

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 10:35AM
Check out All Pro Photos

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 06, 2020 07:32AM
Thanks Jason. Keep up the good work!

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 01, 2020 03:03PM
Don't forget Ryan Roossnick
Or, MoorePhotos.Mn.

See you in K.C. ,!!
Cowtown showdown !!!

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 03:42AM
Jason I think that you are doing a good job but you make it sound like you are the only guy putting any effort to in promoting the sport. I watched your video and you keep saying that you can't do this alone. You make it sound like no one else cares. And you always make it about you. I understand that you want more traffic on your site but telling the photographer to post there pictures is rather selfserving. Keep doing what you do but give credit to everyone else that is also trying to promote the sport.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 03:55AM
Thank you for the comment, I obviously need to explain myself better.

Promoters and associations need to promote themselves all year long not just the month of the event or during pulling season. All the stats and social media experts say that you should post at least one piece of content (picture or video) a day all year long.

99.995% of the Promoters have full time jobs that pay their bills and they don't have the time or the pictures to post everyday on social media but one of their photographers might. I am encouraging promoters to reach out to their photographers or the photographers to reach out to their promoters and start a conversation.

PHOTOGRAPHER TO A PROMOTER. "HEY I HAVE A 1000 PHOTOS FROM YOUR EVENT LAST YEAR, IF YOU GIVE ME ACCESS TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND I WILL CREATE AN INTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR YOU AS WELL. I WILL POST A PICTURE A DAY WITH YOUR 2020 DATES.

PROMOTER TO A PHOTOGRAPHER: HEY I KNOW YOU WERE TAKING PICTURES AT THE EVENT LAST YEAR, WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO HAVE YOU POST ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS DAILY. WE REALLY WANT TO GET MORE FANS IN THE STANDS IN 2020.

They need to team up and promote their events and associations all year long. If a promoter needs to pay a photographer to post on their Facebook page everyday then that is what they should do.

When I say I can't do it all myself, my message is we are one of the few pages that post pulling content every single day. That is all I am saying. I appreciate the comments and the opportunity to explain myself and what I think we can all do very easily expose pulling to millions of new fans. I love conversation and hearing other ideas so we can share them.

Jason Schultz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 03:56AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 03:58AM
Hooked up Pulling Productions

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 03:42AM
Check out Moore Photos

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 04:03AM
WWPTV

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 01:21PM
Here you're still acting like you're the only one promoting pulling on a a web site that was here when you were still browsing through the JC Penny catalog looking at women's under garments. You're the same guy a few years ago called the crowd at Gordyville CHEAP PRICKS in front of hundreds of kids CHILL YOUR ROLL

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 02:10PM
I mean....name someone else that puts as much time & energy into promoting pulling as Jason Shultz....It always amazes me how many pullers show up at a pull & think the crowd just automatically knew to come to that event. It takes lots & lots of time to make a successful event / organization / team & it’s a lot easier to critique than to complement.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 02:49PM
You are right I did, it was a mistake and I apologized for that. I was trying to get one of the VIP booths to bid on drink carrier. If you can't handle me simply sharing ideas to promote the sport then I don't know what you should do. Last week the Beer Money Pulling Team and Lets Grow Pulling Facebook page reached 5.4 million people and had over 2.2 million video views. Why would I waste my time on this message board full of pulling fans. You should focus more on promoting your own event and filling the stands instead of worrying about little old me. IP addresses are a wonderful thing. Drinking

Jason Schultz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 03:36PM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 04:13PM
I can't get over how people are still harping on that cheap pricks comment. Let it go. I was there that night (Thanks to Jason for the free tickets) and there was far from hundreds of kids in the stands that night. But anyhow it was one slip of the tongue. He is only human. Jason does great things for our sport. He has inspired me to start my own Facebook page and do my part in growing pulling. Lets focus more on the positive things he does.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 03, 2020 12:22AM
Being in the media spot light is a double edge sword. Jason does a great job in promoting tractor pulling. But your always will be remembered for what you say and do, because your actions speak louder when you in that spot light as an announcer. I have listened to Jason through his announcing career and mistakes do happen. And in this day and age people get so defensive about what you say and how you act. Just remember that we as announcers , board members and tractor and truck pullers are held in a higher standard of behavior , because we represent more than just our selves in this sport we love

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 02:53PM
Check out Lets Go Tractor Pulling

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 02, 2020 02:55PM
Check out Foster Pulling Pictures

Jason Schultz

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 03, 2020 07:29AM
Straighten Up
Here you're still acting like you're the only one promoting pulling on a a web site that was here when you were still browsing through the JC Penny catalog looking at women's under garments. You're the same guy a few years ago called the crowd at Gordyville CHEAP PRICKS in front of hundreds of kids CHILL YOUR ROLL

Oh good. Glad you brought up the cheap pricks comment from three years ago. It hadn't been brought up yet this year. Good frickin' grief, dude. Get over it. People make mistakes. Don't try and act like you haven't said worse to your buddies when you're trying to get a rise out of them. Careful you don't fall off of that high horse you're sitting on.

BTW - Just checking...did you do anything to promote pulling today, or is tearing it down more your thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 07:32AM by Suburban Farmboy.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 03, 2020 08:22AM
Jason
I’m thinking he’s more butt hurt because he is a cheap prick and you told everyone in attendance
Keep doing what your doing

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 03, 2020 12:42PM
i do not have time to post every day way to busy with work and life. Social media will not save pulling

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 04, 2020 06:47AM
Harold Card
i do not have time to post every day way to busy with work and life. Social media will not save pulling

You can’t carve five minutes out of your day to post something, huh? #seemslegit Thumbs Up

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 04, 2020 02:34PM
I'm with Harold, I won’t be posting anything on social media. I have too many hobbies and interests and there aren't enough hours in the day for me to get all the things done that I'd like to.

Here’s my disclaimer so you know where I stand… I want to be 100% clear and upfront about my feelings and personal bias (based on scientific studies) regarding social media. I’ll be the first to admit that I hate social media. I hate Facebook, I hate Twitter, I’ve never tried Instagram or Snapchat and I have zero desire to do so. I've tried to embrace them multiple times and I just can't get into it. I don’t have time for it, I don’t like it, and I personally think it’s one of the worst thing to ever happen to our modern society. I think it’s toxic. I think the negatives far outweigh the positives. I think we were better as a society before social media existed.

There are numerous clinical studies that show that spending ANY time on algorithm based social media leads to depression. ANY amount of time! The more time you spend, the more likely you are to be depressed, and the deeper your depression level is likely to be. (https://www.healthline.com/health-news/social-media-use-increases-depression-and-loneliness) I think social media algorithms are one of the leading causes for division and divisiveness in our country. (but Jake, tell us how you really feel...I don't leave much grey area do I ;>)

Documentaries like The Creepy Line detail what companies like Facebook and Google know about you, how they can influence you, and how they can exploit you. The algorithm can (and does) manipulate everything you see. They can shadow ban things from your feed and they program you by the things they recommend. It’s extremely unsettling the unconscious power they can have over things like elections. Meanwhile, they get the government protection from liability of being a "platform", yet they censor like a "publisher" to promote their agendas (which probably don’t align with most people in middle America). Potential to sway future elections along with government protection... sounds fine... no... just fine.

Photographers… who owns the photos you post on social media? Well, you can kiss your copyright protections goodbye. Once you post them they are now free to be used by Facebook, Twitter, etc… for free. You are also granting them the right to let others use them. Meaning it gets really vague trying to stop anyone from using them under the fair use laws. You haven’t sold your property, you haven’t even rented it out, you’ve given it away.

I just want to be 100% transparent on where I stand with social media.

All that said, for those that use social media, for those that like it, have fun, do as you wish. Do your best to promote the heck out of the sport. Will it do any good? I don’t know. Are you just preaching to the choir? Maybe. Has social media actually grown the sport over all? No idea. I personally doubt it. Has it grown some events? Probably. Has it revolutionized the sport? Not really. Pulling is pretty much the same as it's always been. Maybe it's because I'm not using social media but I don't see how it's disrupted the motorsport in any real tangible way. This isn't because of a lack of effort, but rather a lack of results (owning and running this page for +22 years I know about futile effort and minimal results ;>). It reminds me of the Rock the Vote campaign of the 1990's; a ton of effort to get young voters involved and the results never really materialized. This is not meant to be be a slam to anyone in any way, just my view of social media's individual impact on the sport in general. Don't get me wrong, It's done some good but it hasn't been a game changer on it's own.

I think Jason Schultz efforts are great. I appreciate guy like Miles Krieger and the work he's done to promote the sport. I love the fact that guys like Jesse Post and John Murray are constantly posting videos of events all across the country. Guys like Sascha and Mr Jo have used the internet to share pulling videos from all over the world. Diehards like Bryan Lively, Jerry Richardson, Charles Poosch, Jeremy Krieger, Ryan Roossinck have all done a great job promoting the sport. I commend them for their efforts and their passion. Dan Mayer has done more than anyone for his efforts in preserving our motorsports history, and I don't want that to go overlooked either. There are tons of other people whom I inadvertently overlooked, but all that to say there are tons of people promoting our sport in numerous different ways. Social media is one of the various avenues being used. It's a tool in the arsenal of tools that should all be used.

Like any tool social media can be used for good, so for those trying to promote the sport through social media, hats off to them I won’t be joining you, but I won’t stand in your way either and I'll help support you however I can.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 04, 2020 02:38PM
Grab a soda, a bag of popcorn, and join in. I will be long-winded.

The high point first:

-Don't fault Jason for wanting to promote the sport. He has some unique ideas. Kudos to him for trying. Keep that in mind as you read this.

Having started my, "ahem," "career" in pulling media in 2003 and now doing what I do, I think this post has so much to unpack, and yet only scratches the surface of things to promote pulling and make it better.

I promote pulling through print and through social media, and right here on the pages of PullOff.com. Print is still alive and well though the market is changing. I use Facebook and Instagram in social media, and I have a Twitter account I never look at. I have recently added Snapchat and now have a TikTok account too. Those two platforms, no matter how much they are growing, are useless in my experience working with them. On snapchat I have a bunch of pulling friends but we are more likely to exchange stuff about food and music than about pulling. TikToc is growing because India has a bunch of 16 to 24 year olds joining every day. There is very little I have seen so far on those platforms I don't cross paths with on Facebook or Instagram, or at least have seen a version thereof. I like hash, but dislike re-hash.

Having said that I think well thought-out, reasonably scheduled posts on social media platforms are perfectly fine. I personally don't like multiple postings in a day unless it's some sort of actual "news." If I see it multiple times on my FB timeline in a day I shut it off, mentally. I am fully aware that the modern brain moves quickly from one thing to another and things/ideas have to be repeated multiple times for them to sink in and be remembered. It really is a fine line between sharing too little or sharing too much, and who's to say what that metric really is. And, to post well thought-out, well-positioned pictures/ideas, will take more than five minutes a day. Some of the dumb stuff I have come up with will take me 10-15 minutes PER POST.

Photographers - YES, work with promoters if you can as Jason suggested, but don't give your content away! Some of you, and I love every one of you-mean it-seem to feed off the likes, shares, follows, and hashtags. They don't pay your bills, put gas in the tank or pay for the hot dog and cold drink at the next pull. Figure out how to use photoshop make your photos unique and more valuable, worthy of being made into a print that a puller might hang on their wall. Once you get good with photoshop, try designing hero cards for pullers, even handbills for promoters to use for their events. Your time, effort, and investment in equipment are worth something! And...watermark your stuff if you're posting in high volume! There is nothing stopping someone from taking your un-watermarked images and sending it to the one-hour photo kiosk at Walmart and printing it off, cutting off a revenue stream you could use!

One final thing, and I share this because I'm disagreeing in a sense with the original post. By disagreeing, in my opinion, I must offer alternate ideas, So here we go:

Promotion is the kissing cousin of politics, and all politics are local. What do I mean?

Promotion of this sport we love begins with us, one-to-one with friends, aquaintances, and family members.
-Invite friends who don't normally attend pulls to join you at an event. Buy their ticket, buy them a hamburger, maybe a beer or three if they're not driving. If they "get it" like we do, have them pay it forward with their friends and family.
-YES promote pulls on social media, not only before, but DURING and AFTER a pull. Share the excitement through photos and comments of your favorite moments and memories. Share, like, hashtag, yadda yadda yadda...all that stuff.
-Volunteer at pulls. HELP OUT. I have yet to attend a pull that didn't need additional hands, at least at the local and state level. More capable hands to put on a pull = better run pull. Better run pull = better fan experience. Better fan experience = those satisfied fans come back and bring fans with them.

The promotion and betterment of pulling starts with US, with the guy or gal looking back at you in the mirror, not online or social media, but be competent in using all of the tools at hand to share this sport we all love in the best ways possible.

Thanks to the Morgans for the page; thanks to everyone who is out there creating content, and thanks to all who promote the sport though we may not agree on the methods sometimes.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 04, 2020 03:12PM
Well I guess I will chime in also. While I applaud those that are trying to promote the sport on several different platforms I still believe that the product has to sell itself. It's just like anything that the consumer buys, it has to meet the buyers approval or they will go somewhere else. I don't care if it's a pizza, a TV or a vehicle if it's not good chances are they are not coming back. Pulling is no different, a crappie show will not entice a new or casual can to come back. Pulling needs to start on time, offer interesting classes and not run on until 1 AM. Move the vehicles on and off the track quickly. Hire a knowledgeable announcer that still can make it fun. We that love the sport are blinded by our own interests. We think that if just someone would just go to one pull they would love it, not true, the product still has to be good. There are to many options that the buying public has that pulling can take them for granted. I am afraid that just like some classes in pulling where the average age is approaching 50 plus, the pulling fan is mirroring those same statistics.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 12:31AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Photographers in Pulling January 05, 2020 05:40AM
you can read correct ????. I do not have time to worry about posting.. i work non stop and what little time i have left is spent with family . That is way more important than posting. So no i do not have time

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009