Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 01, 2020 11:14AM
Adirondack tractor pullers NY altered farm basic engine rules .

No cubic inch limit any size block
4.1 turbo inlet , can be prostock turbo slugs are allowed. Absolutely no exhaust limit
Intercoolers are allowed
Any injection pump
Water injection allowed
Any diesel fuel

Max tire 20.8 x42 no cut tires.

Is there any class like this in the United States ? Just curious as would like to build a tractor to pull with this club but rules are basically prostock or worse on Ag tires .
Thoughts. Could you pull this type of build any where else on the east coast ?
Thanks for any replies/ help

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 01, 2020 02:27PM
Well, the IPL (Indiana Pulling League) Altered Farm rules sure are very tame compared to yours. Theirs is a very successful class, just like their Hot Farm. Other pulling organizations would do well to adopt those IPL rules, not only for those 2 classes, but also for the other classes IPL successfully stage.

Your rules of "No cubic inch limit" and "any injection pump" sure sounds like big time class problems ahead.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 01, 2020 03:04PM
No way somebody other than Deere guys made or agreed to those rules. Anything goes but a 4.1 limit and 20.8 tires? What a $hit$how that will turn out to be

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 02, 2020 07:21AM
It probably wouldn't make sense to build a tractor like atpa rules . . I'm assuming , as this would probably be the only place you could pull it .
If another organization did allow, I'm assuming the expenses of it would be the death of the class in a few years . ..or 1-4 tractors only pulling
When able. Especially the heavy classes.
The $$ would kind of be unlimited .. How could it ever be policed I would say. Maybe I answered my own questions.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 02, 2020 07:42AM
At that point, why bother with a turbo limit?

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 02, 2020 08:33AM
Agree
There is no exhaust restrictions

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 02, 2020 12:15PM
Anyone know what kind of HP these tractors would put out ? Torque ?

I couldn't find any thing comparable ?
Thanks for any help

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 02, 2020 12:40PM
Yeah, well over 2000 + hp, north of 3300 lb ft of torque! That's how much! A true Limited pro 4.1 would struggle to get past them I promise you.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 03, 2020 09:46AM
couple things to consider US puller
I go to multiple Adirondack pulls each year I don't pull myself but do have good friends that have, do and will pull in this class. I too think the rules are stupid but the pullers currently in the class voted on rules not to long ago and must like them.

If you don't like the class don't pull or don't go watch the pull, the class and the club are not that strong, maybe the best option is to let them both die. I hate to say this as a avid pulling fan in this area but I believe if this class and club was to go away pulling would still exist in our area.

Well the rules may allow unlimited cubes and a 4.1 I don't think any of the tractors could compete with a true 4.1 lim-pro. I would think a well built 600-640 cube with a decent 4.1 would be very competive in this class.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 03, 2020 01:39PM
Sounds like farm stock in central Illinois. You could pull it in Peoria at the HOI Fair lol.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 03, 2020 02:56PM
I pull in this class. It's a very fun and competitive class. If you want to be up front you better be north of 2000 hp and 3500 ft lbs of torque. There are plenty of red ones that can win on any given night and none of them are 640. One of the strongest tractors in the class is a deere and its only 540. Gotta remember on noncut ag tires you can only keep so much torque hooked to the ground

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 03, 2020 03:04PM
Are there videos of this anywhere? This sounds like an awesome class to watch!

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 04, 2020 08:27AM
I just found an engine out of a tug boat . It's a Cummings KT 1150 ci . I had trucks that had the 855 . They weren't bad . They did well pretty much stock .
The 1150 can probably do 600-800 stock . Only need 2000hp more with turbo pump head and stuff . That should work

As long as there's a no cubic inch limit . I'll stuff that in something . ..figure out the mount plate and turbo . I think the semis run that engine or some do in the ppl league. I heard that. It probably won't be cheap but if I'm going to do this I might as well do this . I never thought of this in my earlier post. Building an IH or Deere would have been crazy for the cost to get that big CI . Obviously there is no possible way in a heavy class with a 540 . At least that's my opinion .
The only way I believe you could make a 20.8 stick is in the heavy class is 12 -13k pound class's .
I did watch the 4.1 class on 24.5 they seemed to just dump all the power out the Back. I can see where no one tractor really has the advantage there . It's like a snail crawl until 100-150 feet..then finally go .
Now I'm thinking..maybe it will work
Have to call it PIECES

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 04, 2020 08:52AM
Not really sure what your trying to accomplish US Puller either build a tractor for the class or not. The rules I believe are locked so complaining on hear is not going to do any good. The tractors in the class run very well but are not million dollar machines and they can be beat.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 04, 2020 09:12AM
Low budget
Maybe you didn't read my last post thoroughly. I'm going to build one now. I forgot about the big Cummings engines. I just couldn't afford to with the Deere engine or IH engine . It was to costly to be competitive from what I saw from Jordan bigelow post . You would work on those engines for years to be competitive .
I started looking for the kt1150 and found one . I'm not complaining..just was thinking. ..and talking out load .
Hang around, you'll see it in 2020 . It might just have orange tin.
Sorry for any trouble I may have caused .

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 04, 2020 02:11PM
US Puller, are the rules that loose to allow using a non two wheel drive tractor engine? If so, that sure is not right to call it an "Altered Farm". At least not in the relam that I am familiar with as a true "Altered Farm" pulling tractor.
What you want to do sounds more like an Extreme Altered Farm.
What are you planning to use for a rearend for the KT 1150?
Seems like you would be better off to build a true Limited PS and campaign it in ASTTQ and NYTPA. Resale $ on this tractor would be likely superior compared to what you are proposing.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 06, 2020 11:35PM
I believe the rules are pretty loose.

I did talk to a guy named Beebie or beadie a few years back, as I understand he techs and runs the club. We talked about engines and tractors back then also . He did say there are
Truck engines in the class when i had asked about Cummings engines then. He said he had a truck engine in his ford tractor he ran. He also said there isn't an IH here that doesn't have a truck engine in it. So I believe it's flexible. He also told me that there was a couple big cube Deere tractors running one of which is around 900 cubic inch.
I do have a machine shop to do some of the machining , sleeves and such for fire rings . also cylinder head.valves I also no that the bottom is strong enough on these to hold up and won't have to use all the billit stuff like on the other engines. The stock rods and crank will hold, or I will find out if it will.
Rear end, any ideas . I just bought a series ll D21. Not sure if I can use that Or not
Would that hold ?

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 02:12AM
Wow ! like said above I would like to see videos of this "Altered Farm Class". Your version of altered is way different than in our area. Sounds like you need a Pro-Stock and put smaller tires on it. One thing is for sure sounds like there isn't much to tech. Have fun !

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 08:10AM
I don't know how specific their rule book is but the Ford and IH truck engines you mention are used in all of pulling. The difference between that and the Cummins is the Ford and IH will swing a stock Two Wheel Drive tractor crank with out modification. The 474 Ford Truck engine will swing the 401 or 456 crank so it's legal everywhere. The IH truck enignes can also be used because they can swing the 414, 436, and 466 tractor cranks. There's no direct cousin to the Cummins that can do this so that's why it's not used in other mainstream classes and might not be legal. Some clubs specifically ban adaptor plates to adapt a non-OEM replacement engine to a rearend so you might want to look into that as well before you spend any money.

Good luck.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 11:20AM
Thanks Jake ...that's a better understanding and different perspective . I never thought of it that way

Can someone please post the engine rules for the altered class on here . Maybe a screen shot of the page .

Maybe it would be something to look at and compare rules
Thanks

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 11:32AM
Can someone PLEASE just post some friggin videos??? Everyone throwing fits but maybe it's one of the best classes we've ever seen.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 12:25PM
I know were a locomotive engine is if its a heavy class that may just foot the bill

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 07, 2020 02:25PM
[www.facebook.com]

This is Washington county Fair Greenwich NY on Facebook very good pull

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 12:08AM
[www.youtube.com] IPA farm stock. 28 is the fastest I have seen on a radar gun for the class.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 05:15AM
I watched the 2 video's and the term altered and farm stock plus others like pro-farm etc. mean way different things across the country. That's why it's hard to pull outside your local/state area. You don't know how you match up class for class. The video of CodyE looks like our Hot farm class but we run a lot smaller turbo and an A pump max. The IPA farm stock looks like the altered class in our area with the exception of the real hot ones with cages. Here in Pa. the classifications for classes are Farm Stock, Altered Farm at 466 stock pump for tractor, Hot farm 3 different clubs with 2 at 466 and one at 619+- but all with A-pumps then Pro-farm at 540 with A-pump with 3" turbo(unless that has changed this year) then of course SF etc.. The farm stock is by far the hardest to keep in line. I think if unified classes and rules were put in place through out at least a region like say the Northeast it would've been the biggest positive thing to keep pulling growing. The number of tractors would be way up in most locations.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 08:27AM
if thats all the power they have with those rules then thats sad. they can run a 4.1 and any exhaust size with a sigma or billet pump and they should look like a prostock on skinny tires. a big block deere @ 680 with a good pump and charger would crush those tractors. now imagine that same tractor with 800 cubes. when somebody builds a good tractor you guys will realize how dumb those rules are.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 08:41AM
Sounds like some classes in central to southeast Ohio. Totally out of control. They wonder why they are loosing competitors. I wonder why? I used to be able to go watch a local pull and there would be 10 to 15 hooks in the 3000 rpm farm stock class. Now lucky to see 4 or 5 on a good night.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 10:56AM
A brief search shows that people have been shaming this class since 2010. Obviously there's still people in the class and any of them can win. Keep going with it just the way it is. It's fun to watch. Thanks for the videos Felix!

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 08, 2020 01:39PM
Hey good luck .

I think you missed the 11000 night class . The day class was light . You better take a look at the one that is Curtis brothers and livin the dream . Those Deere tractors .
I don't know ..but those couple are really putting it out . I'd through those in the mix with ppl 4.1 or nytpa any day . Especially at only 8-9 k pounds .

Btw . I was sent the rules . The kt1150 deal is crushed. Mr Morgan was right . Can't run it. I did get it cheap. 5500.00.
O well . Have to do something else .
Thanks

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 12:48AM
Anyone who is "thinking" about putting a KT1150 in a pulling tractor has obviously never been around one in person. They are a very large and heavy engine, even bigger than a moline or BBJD lol!

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 02:12AM
true dat.....lmao

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 07:49AM
heck get an oliver rear and one of them big cam cummins and put white 150 Sheetmetal and go pulling

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 08:01AM
In class, what is the video of?

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 09:00AM
Really?? Read the post. Dudes give it a rest there are bunch of really good tractors in this area, so they voted to go with a 4.1, get over yourselves. They voted for it so they must have wanted it. There are tractors in these classes with top notch components. The Midwest isn't the only area with good tractors, those days are over. Why does a good thread always get ruined with a piss**g match or a bunch of nonsense??

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 09:30AM
Local home town heroes can get an ego check at the door --- ,travel else where and find out how you compare,

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 11, 2020 12:27AM
Upstate NY is an interesting place to pull. Nothing will ever be bought into, or minds changed. Same old people. Same old game. Everyone thinks they got something, but they haven't left their tri-county area ever.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 12, 2020 02:08AM
Correct, engines are built to 640 to 680 using the same parts from same places as 95% of the rest of the tractors throughout the country. Pumps, turbos, and injectors from the top shops. Time on the dyno. Blah, blah blah.
So definitely won't run with something from elsewhere in the country made with the exact same parts.
Granted probably not Grand national level. Those tractors and operators are at a different level.

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 09, 2020 02:36PM
[m.youtube.com]

Re: Adirondack Tractor Pullers NY Altered Farm January 10, 2020 11:14AM
Unreal.
Nice videos . That was 6 years ago . Can't imagine how it is now .wicked

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,680, Posts: 229,782, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason