ntpa pre commit January 13, 2020 01:50PM
ntpa found a anouther way too screw the puller no show up money for 2020 put more money in purse, funny always at pullers expense, must think pullers are stupid, ppl soon will be the wAY TO GO, TO BAD Ntpa was the leader but no more,

Re: ntpa pre commit January 13, 2020 02:05PM
What is the pre commitment list??

Re: ntpa pre commit January 13, 2020 02:09PM
So is the increase in purse enough to make up for lack of show up money based off of your average finish? I’m not sure of the dollar amounts here but is it really just a different way of getting paid? If they are selling a product is it wrong to pay based off of performance?

Re: ntpa pre commit January 13, 2020 02:23PM
Where is this info coming from?

S'no Farmer

Re: ntpa pre commit January 13, 2020 04:41PM
phone call from Greg R

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 10:36AM
Just curious as I hadn't read it or heard it, it does surprise me.

S'no Farmer

Re: ntpa pre commit January 17, 2020 12:30AM
Give the money back to who needs it the most: the promoters.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 03:26PM
Leave the show up money and get pay more at year end and you will actually make a difference. Dont camouflage the allocation of the same amount of money. That isn't putting any more money in pullers pockets

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 02:39AM
Taking away show up money and adding it to the purse is absolutely NOT just another way to get paid. I am not sure about NTPA but I know in PPL if you are a member of the “Champions Club”, you get $250 just drive to the pull, plus no entry fee. That $250 is money that you can count on. It’s not much, but it sure does help with the cost of fuel/food/lodging/etc. In most classes they pay to (I think) 8 spots. If you are pulling in a class of 12-15 consistently, you cannot count on ever seeing that purse increase. Especially those bigger Top 3 checks.

I know this is one reason the Silver Series 4.1’s struggle with numbers. The purse is not the complaint, it’s the fact that running that schedule requires a person to travel a comparable amount of miles to a Champions Tour Schedule, but no show up money and $50 entry fee to hook.

Champions Club cost $1500 to join I believe, and they only accept 15 tractors. By the time you add up the $250 per event, plus no entry fees it is well worth it.
Silver Series is not Champ Tour, so why not try a “Silver Club” $750 to join, $150 show up pay, no entry fee. Take 10 tractors.

There’s another big reason Silver Series has a poor following, IMO, but it has nothing to do with PPL. That discussion is for another day though.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 10:41AM
made a mistake on where the show up money goes. Ntpa will put it in the points fund for that class, this will increase your end season money..call greg for him to explain how this will change anything., I understand the concept but dont see the benifit as a hole, BUTT REMENBER I NOT THAT SMART.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 12:19PM
If it goes to the point fund and will pay down 10 spots instead of 5 then i can understand that as long as it would be reasonably close to what the pre-committ money would be.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 14, 2020 04:02PM
Takes just as much $$ to haul first place to the pull as it does last place. I’ve never understood how or why some of these guys haul their entries around the county for nothing.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 28, 2020 12:58PM
For those of you that received your pre-commitment contracts I am wondering your thoughts? I think it's an improvement and money basically goes up for every place from what I've seen.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 29, 2020 01:51AM
I thought I rad there was no more pre-commitments?

Re: ntpa pre commit January 30, 2020 01:00AM
There's still pre-commit but the change is all of the show up money goes to a divisional fund and as long as you finish top 10 in points you actually would make more than before, regardless of the placing. You still get free-entry into the events as long as you make all the scheduled events. Overall, payouts for SSDFWD went up $10k for the class in 2020 (including points money, Case IH, and "fuel money").

Re: ntpa pre commit January 30, 2020 02:50AM
The problem is the larger classes. What happens when you have 10 "pre-commits" and another 5-6 all running GN points. Last years champion is a precommit, but during the course of the summer has a motor issue/bad hook draw and somehow ends the season 11th in points. That puller now has ran the complete season but gets ZERO back now. Nothing but a thanks for showing up all year.

Re: ntpa pre commit January 30, 2020 11:32PM
Hi Lisa,

Certainly a concern with your class and likely the TWD and maybe even SF as well. I thought about that too but there is still free entry (I think that saves our class around $2000 with 15 hooks) and I understand the purses will be bigger too so hopefully it evens out in the long run. I'm just hoping not to finish 11th. LOL

Re: ntpa pre commit January 29, 2020 02:45AM
On the schedule that came with signup I see Bowling Green moved to August 15th weekend? Doesn't match up with BG website!

Re: ntpa pre commit January 29, 2020 12:25PM
BG website says 203 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes as of this comment which would make BG Aug 20-22

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520