looking for a helmet February 23, 2010 09:47AM
I am looking for helmet, something with a tinted visor. Any websites or phone numbers would be great! Don't want just plain something with a design, thanks in advance!

Re: looking for a helmet February 23, 2010 09:54AM
impact racing

Re: looking for a helmet February 23, 2010 10:47AM
You might be surprised how many good deals are on ebay do a search for KBC Helmet

Re: looking for a helmet February 23, 2010 03:17PM
Be sure what ever you pick out is a "Snell" rated helmet. Do not fall for the cheap DOT helmets. If you are a puller, DOT helmets are not acceptable with NTPA, and several others.

Re: looking for a helmet February 23, 2010 04:42PM
just got a kbc helmet off ebay. it's snell rated. good deals. check it out

Re: looking for a helmet February 24, 2010 04:27AM
I have great deals on Snell approved helmets by HJC. Of course, you know that 2010 brings about a new certification for Snell. I am not sure if the NTPA will now require a new expiration date or not. If it is time to upgrade, go to the website: www.snowcitymi.com or give me a call. Buy your helmet at someone you can trust and get great service. Helmets can have dual or single lens with many different shading choices.
JW
517-369-2001

Re: looking for a helmet / custom helmet painting February 24, 2010 02:45PM
Who does all the custom helmet painting on some of the pullers

Re: looking for a helmet / custom helmet painting February 24, 2010 03:25PM
Vilio, the puller's painter, paints tractor, side shields & helmets. A google search did not find him. Last summer, Ron Barga showed me his Vilio painted helmet that displayed the pulling vehicles from the 5 decades of pulling that he's pulled. Very unique and interesting. Barga's tractors are Vilio painted, as Lustik's are too. You may need to phone them to get Vilio's contact info.

Re: looking for a helmet / custom helmet painting February 24, 2010 07:40PM
psycolorgy does alot 608 884 3260

Re: looking for a helmet / custom helmet painting February 10, 2020 01:08AM
I have a helmet that I want painted.

Re: looking for a helmet / custom helmet painting February 24, 2010 11:58PM
bret van der brink does a great job on helmets 605 9291719 is his number

Re: looking for a helmet February 25, 2010 11:28AM
Is there anyway i can get a helmet recertified. I had a helmet custom painted and the painter painted over the dot sticker.

Re: looking for a helmet February 25, 2010 03:18PM
Hills Customs in Missouri does alot of the pullers and racing helmets, custom painted, some of the best and most reasonable Ive seen. the # is 816 465 1375

Re: looking for a helmet February 26, 2010 03:14AM
Actually, a DOT "certification" is not really a certification at all. It is merely a statement by the manufacturer that their helmet will pass the DOT test IF it is ever tested. The manufacturer needn't submit samples to get the authority to label their product DOT. Snell ratings are a different subject.
The following is copied from "About.com" :

Snell Standards
The Snell rating is a more stringent rating, and is completely voluntary, meaning that helmet manufacturers can choose whether or not they wish to meet Snell's advanced safety guidelines. Snell standards are set to levels that only the best, most protective headgear will meet. Moreover, Snell certification is more than simply high "standards", it is based on actual testing of actual helmets.

DOT Standards
The DOT rating simply indicates that a manufacturer believes that its helmet meets the basic DOT standards, without any actual testing on the helmets themselves. In that sense, DOT ratings are fairly easy to come by, and virtually anybody can make and sell a helmet with a DOT sticker. Fortunately, DOT personnel periodically buys helmets and sends them to independent labs for testing to assure that they actually do meet the standard. The results are posted on the NHTSA website in a pass/fail form. You might be surprised to learn that more than half of all helmets recently tested with the DOT sticker on them actually failed DOT's lab tests. Check it out!

Also, there is a European certification that is as stringent or more stringent than Snell, but US suppliers of helmets currently do not use it. That is rumored to be changing in the future, however.

BottomLine: When buying or looking for helmets, use common sense. It is your head and your brain you are protecting. Don't wear a used helmet unless it has been refurbished (most "good" helmets have this capability).
Can you tell I get a little serious about helmets. I have also been told that painting nullifies the Snell rating, but I haven't verified that.
JW

Re: looking for a helmet February 26, 2010 05:01AM
You know what they say, "If you got a ten dollar head-then get a ten dollar helmet." [Author unknown]

Re: looking for a helmet February 11, 2020 05:28AM
SFI Spec 31.1 is the standard motorsport helmet applicatiion. DOT helmets are not specific motorsport application. Most sanctioning bodies require SFI Spec or Snell Rated helmet. Check local listings for details.
Never buy a used helmet, you have no idea if its been dropped. If you dropped yours, buy a new one.
A good helmet, that has been SFI SPEC labeled is designed to dissipate energy if helmets impacted--roll bar, debris, etc. Designed to crack like an egg shell, even if outside of helmet looks good.

DOT Snell are more motorcycle oriented and provide protection from minor impact and abrasions.

Re: looking for a helmet February 10, 2020 01:33AM
As far as I know, I think that Simpson is a certified pulling helmet for NTPA pulling, because they sell them at Tomah, Chapel Hill, and BG.

Re: looking for a helmet February 10, 2020 03:18AM
Helments Unlimited.com or Helmet House !!!

Re: looking for a helmet February 10, 2020 04:33AM
Get a wrap instead. you can design it yourself or have it designed and then you can shop it around for the best price. If you don't like it you can do it again.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard