Best new tires for pulling March 18, 2020 11:33AM
What’s the best set of uncut tires to use in farm stock classes? Best set of new tires?

Re: Best new tires for pulling March 18, 2020 12:59PM
been there done that, like many pullers with credentials on here, in my opinion which matters none to many, THERE IS NO GOOD NEW PULLING TIRE. Period, even tires built just for pulling need to be cut and broke in to achieve good results,for stock pulling of any kind a well worn used tire will most likely out pull a new tire 80- 90 % of the time.Watching and participating for forty plus yrs worth of experience shows me this. I have changed tires and used 7 sets on the same tractor,for rules, issues, weight and other reasons, but mostly tires with little to a very small tread did the best in all cases,sometimes any tire will work, but we have to go for consistency as that is what wins championships and makes the experience the best it can be.Many used tires are available that will out preform a new tire every day all night long.And then with said tire installed, air pressure will plague you till dooms day.I leave my pressure alone but try really hard to "read" the tracks and fine tune with weight placement,and drawbar height.

Re: Best new tires for pulling March 18, 2020 01:33PM
a good set of road worn if the cant be cut

Re: Best new tires for pulling March 18, 2020 09:59PM
In a "uncut class" I used to spin my tires backwards on very rough cement in a mist of water to road wear them with an edge. Worked very well and no one caught on.

Re: Best new tires for pulling March 19, 2020 08:36AM
We still run Firestone 151s with very good success. We pull against radials too. Some tracks we clean up others we get beat. But not by much. The old 151s are a good all around tire. Track conditions can affect any and all tire setups. Good luck .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM