KTPA February 23, 2020 01:27AM
Whats up with the schedule ? Looks like they have lost a lot of dates .

Re: KTPA February 23, 2020 04:39AM
TNT came on the scene !!! Better organization an better run show !!!!

Re: KTPA February 23, 2020 09:43AM
Wow all New brooms sweep good. Tnt will run fine for a little bit. Wait and see when there is some technical issues arise. There already has been some and was swept under the rug. Also when there is no big money made and they see it's just a lot of hard work. Lot different running a organization than a couple of pulls.

Re: KTPA February 23, 2020 09:55AM
Dirt, your right on one thing, there was a technical issue that was swept under the rug, wrong on everything else- they've run several shows not just a few -- dont think for a minute KTPA wasn't catering to some.

Re: KTPA February 23, 2020 10:07AM
I been a member for 30 years and seen lots of up and downs. But pullers need to remember ktpa is the longest running organization in the tri state area. With deep roots. I'm sure with members running the club that at sometimes things don't go the way they should. But that's when other members need to step and help turn the problems around. Its not a one person thing. As I see it has been declining over the past few years. Maybe people are doing there best but just not working out. Agree changes needed. Ktpa has set the pace for all organizations in the area. But the key to staying on the cutting edge is with leadership with a vision to carry on the legacy that was started in June 14th 1982. Lots of people have come and gone over the years but the visions have changed. It's a tough thing with all the competition but history proves the strength. Pullers beware of your surroundings look at the big picture support your organization that is member ran. Help the group by promoting the best pullers and pulls you can. Promoters lots of times reli on feedback from pullers on there local areas or now through social media. It's to late to fix something when it's gone it's only a memory. Stay focused 300 ft at a time. God bless

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 12:11PM
That is very well stated (30 year member).

KTPA has been around a long time and people have to remember that it is member run.
The members that run it volunteer many hours of every week.

It's not like they or the tech officials are making big $ from the volunteer job; they do it because they love the sport.
KTPA started about the same time as the original Owensboro TNT started and many of the pullers back then pulled with both organizations (summer ktpa - winter tnt)

Alot of pullers volunteered their time as officers and eventually got burned out and passed it on to someone else.
I remember KY pullers like: Buddy Jean 4wd ss, Tony Tatum mod 2wd & sm 2wd, Darrell Varner sm 2wd and mod 4wd
all volunteering alot of time and doing a great job, but get burned out by having to listen to the whiners and cheaters bs

Competition by many organizations makes it better for the pullers options.
NTPA, KTPA, PPL, the new TNT, etc.

That's my $.02

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 01:01PM
kevinh You are so very right in what you said .Competition by other organization is very needed .And thanks to all that has donated there time and hard work to ktpa but its time for a change with that group things are going down hill fast .That organization cant with stand another year like this .I dont know the answer but i do see there is a problem !!

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 12:34PM
Seems that since there is several different groups within 100 miles of each other in Kentucky, it hurts everyone. Not just one specific club. It is up to pullers to help keep the club going. Promoters want to see numbers in classes.

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 04:03AM
What was the technical issue with TNT? Been pulling with them a while and can’t recall anything “swept under the rug”

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 05:13AM
Wasn't Brandon caught not paying certain vendors?

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 01:04PM
Why wound Brandon be paying a vendor ? That dont make sense !

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 01:58PM
Im not pulling but everyone needs to think about the years KTPA has been around in KY and show some support Not trying to start something but these others have prooven to be fly by night ,Theres only one person i know could pull it out of the slumps is Tom Mconnel .But having 4 clubs within 100 miles spreds things thin

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 02:25PM
Speaking of Brandon, KTPA was going strong an way better when he was President, maybe Brandon needs to come back cause KTPA is on the way down.As far as TNT, the turbo issue at the Horsepark in the LLSS class was not handled correctly or handled at all, several pullers are concerned about that, should have been addressed an not just left alone, if a tech person can't get to the face of the turbo to get a correct measurement then intake housing needs to come off to be checked, if things dont change with TNT in that aspect, pullers will get tired of it an look elsewhere.

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 04:19PM
Oh yeah. But that wasn’t swept under the rug. They let the one that was found illegal pull but just for fun. No money.
Pretty sure that turbo check was due to complaining that some was too big. Can’t make everyone happy but they do try harder than any other organization that I’ve seen. Me personality I’d leave turbo checks to a protest.

Re: KTPA February 24, 2020 11:36PM
You wrong there it’s not the puller responsibility to make sure after he drives a couple hundred miles he gets a fair shake

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 12:27AM
Turbo wasn't checked because of complaining, all turbos were checked ( at least the ones they could get to ), any kind of an intake pipe that is welded or bolted to the intake side of turbo needs to come off to be teched correctly !!!! NO EXCEPTIONS

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 01:39AM
The turbo rule needs to be more specific, there is to much gray area it needs to be black and white in writing.

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 11:35AM
This is not about a turbo check or what did or did not happen at a tnt pull . Could some of the ktpa members please have some input on how to make it better .We need all the pulling groups to stay alive or the next thing you will be dealing with is no place at all to pull.

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 12:41PM
KTPA could start by bringing Brandon back.

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 12:52PM
Brandon is the president what you mean bring him back?

Re: KTPA February 25, 2020 12:58PM
Brandon Cox !!!!

Re: KTPA February 26, 2020 01:36AM
You asked,so here it goes. GET RID OF THE PRESIDENT YOU HAVE, NOW ,AS SOON AS YOU CAN . He has ruint the club to almost no return if not. And yes, I say beg Brandon Cox to come back and take over, He is probaly the only one capable of pulling the club back togather. Get rid of your present president and I will be back,along with several more.

Re: KTPA February 26, 2020 04:28AM
if members are concerned with how the club is being ran, maybe you should ask the board to call a meeting to discuss rather than putting it on the internet. Maybe the officers have really tried hard and have done all they could do. Pullers need to support and show up when your class is booked to keep the club going. It just doesn’t take a handful of people, it takes all.

Re: KTPA February 26, 2020 08:56AM
The president might be bad, but at least they got a good secretary that keeps up with all their stuff!!!!

Re: KTPA March 14, 2020 06:57PM
You better do more research....

Re: KTPA March 22, 2020 12:14PM
On?

Re: KTPA February 26, 2020 07:14AM
From what I was told he didn't even want to run again this year but no one was willing to take it over.

Re: KTPA February 26, 2020 08:20AM
The current president is not the only issue. It has been previous ones to. The issues started after Cox left. The rules were not followed and pullers had no say in their classes (class decisions reversed) with the very next group that took over and just kept getting worse! This did not happen over night and will not be fixed over night.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM