(Maybe) NASCAR Coca Cola 600 without fans April 23, 2020 11:29PM
ESPN story- possible race at Charlotte

The Governor of North Carolina evaluating whether the 600 can be raced Memorial Day weekend without fans. If they pull this off, highest tv-rated race is US history.

Re: (Maybe) NASCAR Coca Cola 600 without fans April 24, 2020 12:43AM
I told my wife when this whole thing started that NASCAR was the one sport that should not have shut down. It would be easy to force teams to keep to themselves in the pits to social distance. The dirvers are already distanced the entire time. Run the races with minimal staff allowed on the grounds (both facility staff and team staff) and the necessary safety personnel only. They could easily do it safely and they have a captive audience being the only live sport on TV.

This is NASCAR's moment to be relevant again.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: (Maybe) NASCAR Coca Cola 600 without fans April 24, 2020 01:49AM
I feel like this could be an opportunity for Pulling too. I know that pulling isn't NASCAR but live streaming is already available for the vast majority of Grand National and Champions Tour events. I don't think it would work for most state and regional events (just too many to cover at the same time) but limited to GN and Champions Tour.

I could imagine that a large part of the gate could be made up through live stream feeds. I know concessions and sponsorship may be down but I would guess that a good portion could be made up through a fee share with promoters and the sanctioning bodies.

Not sure if anyone knows the live stream numbers for NFMS or Cloverdale but that could be a good start.

Also, would love to hear the prospective from Promoters.

Re: (Maybe) NASCAR Coca Cola 600 without fans April 24, 2020 08:10AM
What would be the difference. NASCAR races in front of empty stands now.

Re: (Maybe) NASCAR Coca Cola 600 without fans April 24, 2020 10:45AM
Darlington

South Carolina in talks to have race at Darlington week before Charlotte

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009