Type of Exhaust Manifold May 26, 2020 03:38PM
I have the choice between an exhaust manifold with an open foot (meaning all 6 cylinders dump into one hole) or a dual outlet type manifold where the front three dump into one hole and the back three dump into the other. The volume and inner dimensions are nearly identical. I’m in a 3000 RPM class, limited to 3LM-466 turbo. Exhaust housing on the turbo charger is a dual scroll housing. Are there benefits or performance advantages to one or the other? Anyone have advice on this?

Thank you!

Open Volute vs Twin Volute May 27, 2020 03:31AM
I have wondered this as well. Always been told that if you have a twin scroll exhaust housing you need a Twin Volute exhaust manifold. Interested to hear what others have to say.

Re: Open Volute vs Twin Volute May 27, 2020 04:02PM
With small charger that has divided inlet, I would stick to the divided manifold. An open inlet might work better for an open rpm application. Good luck.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard