Oliver 310 question June 10, 2020 12:06PM
I have an Oliver 77 with a 310 in it. I bought a new Delco distributor for it that has a better mechanical advance curve. it does not have a gear on it that runs on the camshaft, only slots on the bottom for oil pump. the original dizzy that came out had a gear. From what i understand the oil pump is gear driven, but i assume not by the gear/shaft on the dizzy. I guess i dont understand why the dizzy was driven by two ways.. I dont want to start engine and not have oil pressure. sorry, i havent had this engine apart yet to see how it all works, so any help or info would be appreciated.. Thanks

Re: Oliver 310 question June 10, 2020 02:49PM
The gear on the distributor is for a tach drive or hour meter

Re: Oliver 310 question June 11, 2020 12:50AM
I never messed with a gas 310 but I can tell you the oil pump is driven off a gear in the center of the camshaft. Blocks were the same just not sure how they drove the distributor on top of oil pump.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520