Dual Cable Guillotine June 11, 2020 01:35AM
Does anyone run a guillotine with two cables? We have one run to the turbo for the operator to pull and another for the sled to pull. I know I've seen set ups to allow the guillotine to fall if either of the cables are pulled independently, but I'm having trouble coming up with a solution of my own. Any help is appreciated!

Re: Dual Cable Guillotine June 11, 2020 02:40AM
What I usually do is, run a heavy duty cable to the rear for the sled hookup, and have the inner cable of that one go into the guillotine, and then have the cable from the dash connect to the outer housing of the main cable from the rear, so that when you pull the dash cable, it pulls the main one out of the guillotine. Hope this helps!

Re: Dual Cable Guillotine June 12, 2020 02:07PM
Show Me Performance makes one and Keck machine makes one. We have one of each both have certain advantages in the way they do it according to what you like. Show Me has more moving parts In the trip and the cables are parallel to the guillotine blade. Keck has One moving part In the trip and the cables are At a 90 to the blade.

Re: Dual Cable Guillotine June 17, 2020 12:10AM
I have the same issue with a new guillotine from a reputable builder that is supposed to be actuated with a single pin. Until I read the response from Binder. Baffles me why a company would put the time and effort into designing and building a $700+ piece of aluminum without a way to actuate it following all pulling rules. I can only assume it's original design was meant for drag racing?? I'm going to try Binders way and see if it will work. Thanks Binder, and thanks for the great forum Morgan's!!

Re: Dual Cable Guillotine June 17, 2020 02:31AM
Mine has always been set up same way that binder said to do it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,874, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,987.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM