Extremely rich Cylinder in 1710 Allison June 17, 2020 02:18PM
Got a 1710 Allison that will not burn a plug. It has spark, but I put 2 runs on the engine and when I pulled the plug it looks like I just took it out off the box. There's also 3 more cylinders that are rich and blowing fuel out the pipes but the plugs show a sign of heat. Has FIE Super mag 3 mags on it and Mallory Transformers. Should I take the valve cover off and make sure it's not hanging a valve open?

Re: Extremely rich Cylinder in 1710 Allison June 18, 2020 12:04AM
You should call Wayne Longnecker in Iowa. He would have the answers you’re looking for!

Re: Extremely rich Cylinder in 1710 Allison June 18, 2020 03:00AM
Check the nozzles on the cylinder that won't make any heat. Are they plugged?
No fuel - no fire
Does it spit fuel on idle or fully open?
Are the check valves for the second stage stuck? Do the springs have the same pressure (given it's a Hilborn system).
What intake manifold do you use? Pictures?

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Extremely rich Cylinder in 1710 Allison June 18, 2020 04:50AM
The nozzles are clean, it spits fuel out at all times. The check valves are free and they open at 4 lbs pressure. The compression on that cylinder is about 120 psi. The leanest cylinder is around 95 psi.

Re: Extremely rich Cylinder in 1710 Allison June 18, 2020 06:48AM
I just talked to Don at Hilborn. We don't have enough spring pressure in the fuel distribution valve. He said I need to be around 18-20lbs. Does that sound Correct.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520