Mound City, MO June 16, 2020 12:05PM
Does anyone know if PPL ever livestreams pulls? I have watched several NTPA pulls via livestream, and would love to follow the Rumble by the Refuge in the same fashion If they do not livestream, what does everyone anticipate the turnout to be (both driver and fan) for this event? This is a big Champions Tour pull, but it usually butts up the same weekend as Tomah. With Tomah being cancelled and not many big purse pulls having occurred yet this summer, should we anticipate this to be an even bigger event than it has in the past? Side note- this is a great pull, with a great track, I would encourage anyone who is a fan of big time pulling to attend.

Re: Mound City, MO June 16, 2020 12:54PM
Yes, PPL does do livestreams. This year it's only the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza and the Pro Pulling Nationals that will be live streamed due to COVID-19. You can find the livestreams at lucasoilracing.tv.

Yes, the Rumble by the Refuge will be live stream with Klint Tucker's crew at What's Smokin' Promotions. You can find the information for that live stream at whatssmokin.net.

As far as turnout for pullers, the Light Super Stocks, Pro Stocks, and Two Wheel Drives are limited to the Champion Tour Pre-commits and the Western Series Members. The Limited Pro Tractors, Limited Pro Trucks, Pro Farms, and Nebraska Bush Light Modifieds are open to all competitors. I have been hearing numbers of 30+ in the Limited Pro Stock Trucks class and numbers of up to 50+ in the Limited Pro Stock Tractors class. I would imagine about a dozen in the Light Modifieds and upwards of 20 Pro Farms. It's going to be a lot of hooks over two nights of pulling.

Now when it comes to fans in attendance, I think it's going to be record breaking for them. They always have a big turnout, but with no Tomah, and everyone being deprived of pulling, I think the place is going to be jampacked with fans. It helps to be the first pull on the PPL schedule this year as well. The only place pulling away pullers and fans that I know of would be Whitewright, but even that's going to be a big turnout!

I'm looking forward to making the trip down there this year, it's going to be great event!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Mound City, MO June 16, 2020 03:04PM
Chris told me yesterday they are expecting over 200 hooks. Pullers are encouraged to get there Thursday. They have seats for 5K. They are making arrangements for parking in town if they fill up and will run busses back and forth. This is always a great pull but it will be on steroids this year. Get there early!!!

Re: Mound City, MO June 17, 2020 07:14AM
Can't wait! It's going to be a heck of a show!

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 01:10AM
Are you able to buy tickets online before Friday?

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 01:39AM
No, gate only.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 06:11AM
Forecast doesn’t look good for Friday and Saturday

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 06:22AM
Saturday looks rather good.

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 01:50PM
Richard, tell me that one of those 200 has a Scout as a pit vehicle...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 01:51PM by Suburban Farmboy.

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 03:32PM
Brian Lively where do you get your forecast from because mine is way different

Re: Mound City, MO June 25, 2020 12:44AM
Puller2020
Brian Lively where do you get your forecast from because mine is way different

I use the Weather Channel app on my phone.

Heres the latest I have...the reason why we are seeing very different forecasts is the different weather models used. There are three prinicipally used, the NAM, GFS, and NGM. Some services rely on one more than the other. Its still all guesswork still.

Re: Mound City, MO June 24, 2020 03:41PM
I made several changes this winter and because of this stupid virus I'm still waiting on parts. Sorry to disappoint anybody, especially Chris and Mitchell.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009