Intake pipe to turbo August 19, 2020 02:20AM
I have a guillotine shut off to fit onto my s300 should I run the guillotine only or would it help to run a 90* pipe off that and out the top of the hood to grab some fresh air? Kind of thinking the pipe would reduce flow and the air would just get compressed and be hot anyways? Thanks.

Re: Intake pipe to turbo August 19, 2020 07:15AM
Your pipe through hood won't hurt anything. However it will ruin a perfectly good hood cutting an extra hole in it. Also, when you are spooled up and running there will be plenty of fresh air pulled into the engine compartment into the turbo. The hot air under the hood is replaced with cool fresh air quicker than you think when the engine is spooled up and sucking large amounts of air. We pull all our air from under hood with no problems. I have side shields as well. Never seen a difference before or after the side shields went on. Best of luck!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009