Young Blood August 29, 2020 12:41AM
Anyone know what’s under the hood of the new Young Blood Pro? Good looking ride and appears it made a good pass.

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 12:54AM
40-series motor, built by Schnitker I believe. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong) The motor came out of Robby Russell’s “Work Horse Pro” before he went BBJD.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 01:34AM
It’s an IH engine not a series 40.

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 02:37AM
Is it a Hyper block or a D+R block?

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 02:50AM
Just saw on Young Blood Facebook,

Thank you to everyone for the all generous complements and support for the new Young Blood! We were very pleased with the way it ran for the first time last night! We are excited to see that there’s lots of potential that’s yet to to come and we hope this evening will add to that. Here is a video of last nights run. To answer some questions about the tractor, the chassis is still the original Young Blood chassis that we have competed with for several years. Engler machine helped rework the frame and formed the sheet metal. Special thanks to Tim, Brian, Kurt and the crew at Engler machine. As far as the motor, we sadly are no longer able to go with the AC 426, as it is no longer durable and reliable enough to support this continuous increase in horsepower. With that being said, we have went to D&R Pulling for their motor set up which is a re-casted block that has the same bore spacing, deck height, and crankshaft to camshaft center line as a 40 series Detroit engine that was used in Agco tractors. Special thanks to Rodney and his crew.

Some of the others to mention we would like to mention:

Shramek Farms
Simpson performance
(Max/Tony)
Schied Diesel(Kent/Brittany)
Profab machine
(Larry/Lisa)
Wilmer Turbo/Fuel
Eastern Ohio Diesel

And of course, all of our fans who make it worth pulling for!

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 05:06AM
It is a Schnitker Block. So I would call it a red motor, since that block is based of the original DT466 and not a new gen 466. Not that it matters what motor is in it. These are high performance vehicles with high performance motors. Put whatever motor in it, it’s still awesome.

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 06:18AM
If it's based on the 40 series Detroit it is the new gen Navistar DT engine, not the original DT.

OPB

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 06:40AM
OPB
If it's based on the 40 series Detroit it is the new gen Navistar DT engine, not the original DT.

OPB

It is not. It is based off of the original DT466 engine. The Detroit series 40 is a rebadged navistar engine. The newer style navistar engine features a different design block using metric fasteners. It also uses dual idler gears and the crankshaft bearing diameters are different also between the old and new. However as stated above the location of the cam and crank as well as the head bolt pattern are the same as the old DT series. None of which matters in this application as either engine is legal in the class. Rest assured it is 100% old style dt based

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 08:23AM
I must be misunderstanding something here, and if I am I apologize. Above they stated "D&R Pulling for their motor set up which is a re-casted block that has the same bore spacing, deck height, and crankshaft to camshaft center line as a 40 series Detroit engine. Navistar started producing the new gen motors with P pumps in 1994 and a year or 2 later switched to Heui injection. These were called DT466E's. They were a different design than the original DT-466's and were metric, with the intake into the valve cover initially. I was the mechanic for our school district at the time and we had a fleet of these.

Detroit signed a distribution agreement with Navistar in October 1997 to provide these engines. Navistar was not still producing the original DT-466 at that point. Is the D+R block some sort of hybrid of the 2 DT466's? Thanks in advance Smiling

OPB

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 10:00AM
OPB
I must be misunderstanding something here, and if I am I apologize. Above they stated "D&R Pulling for their motor set up which is a re-casted block that has the same bore spacing, deck height, and crankshaft to camshaft center line as a 40 series Detroit engine. Navistar started producing the new gen motors with P pumps in 1994 and a year or 2 later switched to Heui injection. These were called DT466E's. They were a different design than the original DT-466's and were metric, with the intake into the valve cover initially. I was the mechanic for our school district at the time and we had a fleet of these.

Detroit signed a distribution agreement with Navistar in October 1997 to provide these engines. Navistar was not still producing the original DT-466 at that point. Is the D+R block some sort of hybrid of the 2 DT466's? Thanks in advance Smiling

OPB

You are correct on your analysis of the late 466 and the E models right down to the metrics. As a matter of fact you can bolt an early 400 series head onto a series 40 engine as is the case in most true series 40 shortblock usage in the sport of pulling. What I’m telling you is the locations you specified above are the same between the old and new models. The recasted block is based off of the old dt466 engine not the later version

Re: Young Blood August 30, 2020 06:13AM
Thanks my friend !

OPB

Re: Young Blood August 30, 2020 02:01AM
@Kristy, I think the same for people putting deere engines into other tractor brand’s tin too, but to grow the sport and keep it going you gotta go with what works and most cost effective! If you want to install a better block that is not of the color of the pulling tractor in a red, yellow, orange, green tractor go ahead, in the end the pullers are happy(because of less breakage and less breakage=more pulling less money to fix), fans are happy(some fans don’t know what engine is in what tractor) and pulling is still going and growing.

If these pulling associations would open things up to use other engines(I believe it’s still the same rules as I’ve seen years ago) but instead of using what engines are only used in 2wd tractors why not open it to whatever engine that company used overall in other types of equipment and fwd tractors of that company. Most associations already allow billet blocks, why not let them utilize engines from other equipment of the same manufacturer? It’s a Motorsports, it’s a money game and whoever has the coin to buy a dyno of their own, have a performance place make things for you or make your own parts, test and tune usually is up there in the rankings.

Re: Young Blood August 30, 2020 01:02AM
Billet 426, problem solved!

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 07:01AM
Still a shame to put anything RED and IH enginered in an Orange tractor, but theres always that guy, if thats what it takes , not worth it , go Case IH,,

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 07:19AM
I don`t care whats under the hood as long as it runs good!! And, 90 % Of people in the stands that pay for tickets don`t care either.

Re: Young Blood August 31, 2020 08:29AM
I disagree about the 90% of fans not caring. I feel rooting for brands drove all motor-sports more than rooting for drivers, and in my opinion the lack of manufacturer involvement and distinction is hurting many types of motor-sports now. I acknowledge the younger fans may not care as much as the older fans do, but I think more than half of fans are routing for a brand.

I have no issue with Youngblood. Shramek's could of gone the easy way and put a BBJD in Youngblood. But they chose to use a block that does have a link to there sheet metal. I wish them the best.

Re: Young Blood August 29, 2020 04:02PM
remember there haven't been any 426 ac motors built since early 80's and they wouldn't hold together back then (c Mark Gettinger) with the consistent rise in ponies to keep up in dsl supers i can't imagine the cost that would be involved to even make an attempt at keeping the ac motor together.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520