What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 02:56AM
Greetings all! I am curious about why some people use the term "Keyboard Puller" in this forum? What does it mean when one uses this term? What is the true definition of a "Keyboard Puller"?
I personally think that it is meant as an insult directed from small thinking individuals who in most cases have know idea whom they are directing the insult to! Has anyone ever thought about maybe there are people on here trying to learn about our sport and maybe will be a competitor someday? I believe that behaving this way, does Not help our sport in any way shape or form. It only stands to stand in the way of growing the sport of tractor pulling. Before anyone wants to be critical of my post, feel free to label me whatever you wish. However, know that the words that spew from your Keyboard will be a direct reflection of your intelligence, and who you are as a person. Unfortunately I know many people who are "Real Pullers " (Those who actually compete in the real world), who are self centered, think that they are better than anyone else, type of people, jut because they got their big bad pulling rig. And yes I know there are many "Real Pullers " who are really good people! People who don't try to belittle others who don't know what they do, and don't have the ways and means to ever have a puller, but they take the time to talk with these people at events and make these people feel welcome to be there and support their beloved hobby of tractor pulling. I guess the purpose of this post is to raise awareness of how we conduct ourselves in the public eye, so that we make others feel welcome and not drive them away. Think people. Think! May God bless this country! Take care yall.

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 03:14AM
I find the term" key board puller" to very childish and demeaning. If you are not a puller and you are posting then you are a " fan". Why anyone would make fun of their fan base is beyond me. This sport is in no position to ridicule their own base.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 06:11AM
Thanks for your input Dick. I agree 100%

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 08:57PM
Look forward to looking on pulloff just about every morning I like it the way it is thanks

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 02:32PM
I agree with Dick. Living “way out west “ I am out of the heart of pulling country by a long way. But I still enjoy fabrication of pulling tractors. This site has helped connect me to a ton of pull knowledge. As in many other sites there are some that can be negative and hurtful to others. The best thing we can do is just be nice to our pulling brothers and sisters.

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 03:13PM
I personally think it should be changed on this site to anytime you post something on this forum that its mandatory to have your name and info beside it. Then we would see who has the actual guts to pin their name to their rants, opinions, and accusations! Just my 2 pennies!!

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 04:43PM
I personally think you ought to check out Fonda's board and see how doing that worked out!

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 09:14PM
Yep, bout sunk her board, hasn't been near as good since !!!

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 01:18AM
I am not familar with fonda's board but when searched for, I come across this interesting article I posted below which solidifies my above statement of everyone being a registered user with their name and info pinned to every post and then you could cut down on the non sense mentioned below. The term "keyboard puller" to me comes from someone that hides behind a keyboard with a fake or no actual name and posts things that we know they would never say to a pullers face or in a group discussion in person.

As some of you pulling fans already know,it looks the Pulloff tractor pulling forum is history.It was run by a father and son (Richard-Jake Morgan) from New York and was a great site.I posted there from the very start to the very end and will sure miss it.This site got a tremendous amount of hits everyday.

Fondas pulling forum is OK but I still liked the Pulloff forum much better.There are several topics going on here about the Pulloff forum.

[b2.boards2go.com]

About two years ago someone named Lynrd started posting from Brookville,Ohio and tormented the Morgans almost daily at times.They used lots of different names.Alot of the stuff they said was real sick and these are some sorry people.The Morgans would ban their IP address but they always found a way around it.The Morgans finally had all they could take and pulled their site down this morning.

The evidence leads right to two orange tractor pulling teams from Brookville,Ohio.They have made thousands of pullers and pulling fans from world wide very mad so I expect that in 2008 they will get lots of visits in the pits from a great many unhappy people.Then they will know how it feels

NOTE: This quote was from another forum in 2007 - Admin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 05:29AM by mh49.

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 01, 2020 11:07PM
The term has its own meaning to each of us. I would consider someone trying to pass off information as if they had experience in the subject but clearly dont, a keyboard puller. Basically, someone that has just enough information to be dangerous but not enough information to accurately pass it onto others. It is a term i would not use openly on a forum since it is so easy to take things the wrong way in text and end up in a mess. Thats also why on plenty of subjects, it goes nowhere because most people dont want the backlash from giving an answer.

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 07:17AM
How very true, in this day and age we can not be correct no matter what,some answers are to be taken as sarcasm, and comedy, but many are hurtful, And some real pullers answer like a key board puller, to be smart mouth.No matter what subject,-- someone always has all the answers, but often do not know the question.

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 09:17AM
I have pulled a couple times but that sure doesn't make me a puller. I think there is room for conversation from non-pullers, from fans and whoever else is part of the sport. I can tell you that my opinions and observations have evolved in the last 20 years because I pulled the blinders off to all the potential opinions when discussing an idea or something that happened at a pull....and honestly, in my opinion, for a LOT of situations there isn't a right or wrong, black or white answer, there are shades of grey. It's just important to be open to those ideas no matter the source.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 11:09AM
Bryan Lively
I have pulled a couple times but that sure doesn't make me a puller. I think there is room for conversation from non-pullers, from fans and whoever else is part of the sport. I can tell you that my opinions and observations have evolved in the last 20 years because I pulled the blinders off to all the potential opinions when discussing an idea or something that happened at a pull....and honestly, in my opinion, for a LOT of situations there isn't a right or wrong, black or white answer, there are shades of grey. It's just important to be open to those ideas no matter the source.

I'm a two-time pedal pulling world champion, crowned right in the big metropolis of Upton, Kentucky. And I've managed to film a few passes through the years. That's about where my credentials end. Does that make all of my opinions invalid? To some, I'm sure. But I believe that people tend to forget that an outsider's observations can be very beneficial.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: What differentiates a "Keyboard Puller" from a "Real Puller" November 02, 2020 01:27PM
The outsiders opinion should count Unless you want a pulling world like the Lawn mower pulls i go to with no one in the stands or the antique pulls John has played a huge part in making the LLSS class grow like it has with all the videos he and others have posted over the years along with Bryan Lively and the things hes done has played a big part in publicity promoting the sport .And the Morgans have gave the pullers a great place to fuss and argue to bring things out in the open LOL GREAT job you do with this site

Lewis a "Keyboard Puller" Extraordinaire November 02, 2020 03:12PM
Lewis is my favorite "Keyboard Puller" He has a Cell Phone and a Keyboard! And he isn't afraid to use them!!! Lol I agree with all you just said Lewis!! Keep on typing!! Best regards my Kentucky friend!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520