Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro November 30, 2020 01:54PM
Who here wants component?
Who wants Ag Chassis?

State what brand tractor you run and your vote. Just curious.

No Mail-In Ballots Smiling

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro November 30, 2020 02:23PM
Currently pull an 1066 in 4.1 limited pro setup but am seriously thinking about switching to light pro. My vote would by far be ag rear end because first of all you DONT need a component rear to keep it together ( like one of the Morgan’s said in the last thread it is a want)my current rear end used to be used in a 4 charger super stock so don’t tell me it won’t hold up to 4.1 or light pro. It also helps to keep a puller tractor a tractor and not a modified with a tractor block. Just my 0.02

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 01, 2020 01:41PM
IH puller, what advantage do you believe that Lgt PS will give you versus your current Lim PS (4.1)? What geographic area do you mostly pull?

I understand your reasoning for retaining the ag chassis.

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 12:00AM
I have a IH 1066 Light Pro and im for staying with Ag Chassis

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 03:59AM
IH puller
Currently, pull a 1066 in 4.1 limited pro setup but am seriously thinking about switching to light pro. My vote would by far be ag rear end because first of all you DONT need a component rear to keep it together (as one of the Morgan’s said in the last thread it is a want)my current rear end used to be used in a 4 charger super stock so don’t tell me it won’t hold up to 4.1 or light pro. It also helps to keep a puller tractor a tractor and not a modified with a tractor block. Just my 0.02

I completely agree with you. Pro stocks need them cause of the big ass turbos and ground-pounding torque and horsepower. Like mods, minis, and so on, they need the component chassis for 1) it's lighter and you have more moveable weight. 2) I don't know if this is the case or not but I think they are stronger. Somebody help me out with this, what is the component chassis made of? is it cast iron or what is the lighter iron weight? We've built super farms, hot farms, and diesel super stocks, and the super stock has really held up with the ag rear end. I think some things that help are how you build the chassis, like with good or bad welds, and how much time and effort you put into the tractor. I think light pros and limited pros should stay ag rear end, but it's not my choice for other pullers.

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 05:03AM
I personally think it is dumb not to allow components. Not allowing components only results in people carving out OEM cast rears and shoving components in there. Waste of time effort and money all for the sake of a less safe, more expensive, less reliable product. I say anything over 1000 HP, allow components. Yay for LLSS components!!! It’s coming...

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 08:25AM
Ive been dead against components in any class thats not already got them .Especially the llss class but i do agree since NTPA took the class it will be sooner than later

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 09:06AM
So LSU fan. Should all of these mph farm tractors be allowed to be component?

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 11:34AM
Must be honest, I don’t necessarily care what classes go component, besides LLSS. I just like the idea and would take my outdated LSS motor out of my component and put a LLSS motor in it. And blah blah blah build for a class with existing rules, blah blah blah upgrade motor and run LSS. Don’t care. Just one puller with an opinion of what I would like to see. If enough agree, it will happen, if not it won’t. But in all honesty it’s coming eventually. Just suits me it happens sooner than later. Or not, cheaper and probably more enjoyable just spectating lol

Re: Compoent vs. Ag Chassis, Limited & Light Pro December 02, 2020 11:20AM
If LLSS goes component it will be time to START A NEW CLASS ---- BRING ON THE LIGHT SUPER FARM OR LIGHT LIMITED PRO STOCK MODIFIED ALTERED FARM CLASS --- That's exactly what will happen --- Lewis will help start a new class, he claims to have started the LLSS class shouldn't be no problem for somebody like him to take the reins and help start another one.I know of at least 30 LLSS that will not go component, so we'll just START A NEW CLASS that will be the easiest when nobody seems to listen or look at the current numbers in the class an see that NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT NOW BUT WILL ABSOLUTELY RUIN IT IF IT GOES COMPONENT !!!! AS Lewis has said before --- I TOLD YOU !!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,632, Posts: 229,696, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520