Light Pro turbo size November 10, 2020 03:19AM
I know that the exhaust side of the turbo has to be g-trim and 4.5 and the intake is unlimited but what size intake is commonly used. Would a 4.3 or a 4.5 on the intake side be close to competitive. Not looking for any secrets just trying to get a range on what size turbo that they are using.

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 10, 2020 04:23AM
Simple answer you would be significantly undersized.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2020 11:01AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 11, 2020 10:00AM
Brent you seem to know everything about Tractor Pulling .answer the guys question what’s the actual numbers?

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 11, 2020 11:02AM
I did, but if you need more info most pullers I know are north of a 5 inch charger on the intake side.

Brent Yaron

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 11, 2020 12:35PM
Thanks for the information Brent. Do you have any idea ( nothing exact) about what a top light pro charger would cost? Thanks for the help.

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 11, 2020 01:29PM
That I do not know. Depends on the size, where you get the turbo, new or used, etc. I would reach out to Hart's, Wimer, Apex, or any other turbo builder and ask them these questions as they will know best.

Brent Yaron

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 16, 2020 09:30AM
Once again Brent has shown, that he doesn't know, that he doesn't know

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 16, 2020 02:59PM
Once again, another nobody getting offended for literally no reason, congratulations bud. I said, "most of the pullers I know are north of 5 inches." That doesn't say everyone is which makes my statement, in fact, correct. Stop getting butt hurt for a statement of someone you don't know or have never met. Come find me at a pull I would be glad to discuss what I know with you.

Brent Yaron

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 15, 2020 07:37AM
The smaller the turbo, the better you have to be at your setup. I run a 4.3 and if I get my setup right I can be competitive. Even more on poor quality tracks, the big power guys tend to over power them. I'm pretty sure most guys are in the 4.8 range right now. Lots of 4.5 - 4.6 turbos out there yet.

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 15, 2020 04:04PM
Thanks for the help Brandon.... just out of curiosity, what organization do you run with Brandon?

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 17, 2020 10:43AM
We have run a little bit of everything. Pretty new to the class so we are still trying to figure things out. We ran UPM Super Stock, Region 3 Super Stock, WTPA, Region 3 Light Pro, and a Badger State hook in 2018. 2019 we basically missed the whole season and last summer we just went wherever we could.

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 18, 2020 02:31PM
Brandon, is your light pro the "from ashes" tractor? what is the name of your tractor?

Re: Light Pro turbo size November 20, 2020 01:48PM
Yes, that is my tractor.

Re: Light Pro crank December 15, 2020 08:37AM
I know this thread started as a turbo thread but I was wondering how many people run billet Cranks in They are light pros versus a stock crank or a recast crank. Is it possible to keep it together with a stock crank?

Re: Light Pro crank December 15, 2020 09:26AM
I know some are running billet cranks, however I bet there are more in the class with stock cranks than with billet cranks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520