Pressed steel wheel weights December 25, 2020 11:49AM
Hey guys I am switching from cast centers to pressed steel wheels I have some weights that will bolt to the rims but my question is how many weights are too many could I safely attach 300lbs worth onto them or should I be worried about damaging them having that much spinning weight attached thanks for any info in advance

Re: Pressed steel wheel weights December 26, 2020 03:38AM
I've put 1500 on each side of pressed steel wheels for over 40 years with no trouble.i would check the tightness of the u-bolts in the hubs a few times a year,I have had them come loose,not often,but its happened.that seems to be when they're subject to crack

Re: Pressed steel wheel weights December 26, 2020 04:18AM
Tightness on every things matters a lot, and if you move the hubs, clean smooth surface helps insure positive contact to help stay tight and a good straight key way.

Re: Pressed steel wheel weights December 26, 2020 04:43AM
if you need to add weight back why take the cast centers off?

Re: Pressed steel wheel weights December 26, 2020 06:21AM
Some clubs don’t allow cast centers as they are more prone to breakage. Some have started to require weld on hubs for the same reason.
OP doesn’t state what class he is pulling in, but that is the case in some clubs around here.

Re: Pressed steel wheel weights December 26, 2020 08:30AM
How much power are bolt on hubs good to?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009