Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 12, 2021 09:38AM
Need some help.I have a 2014 Dodge diesel with 155k miles and it runs fine but the check engine light is on and cant be cleared.The code is P003A which says actuator is sticking.Dodge wants to put on new turbo and I just need to get rid of light Thanks

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 12, 2021 12:08PM
Call von at Area Diesel Service in Carlinville Illinois. . He might have a solution for you with an alternative turbocharger to an overpriced one from a dealer.

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 12, 2021 01:01PM
If it was me and all i was wanting to do was get the light off ( provided there is no problem ) id take the bulb out of the dash an drive it.

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 12, 2021 01:52PM
A shop can turn that light off for that code and wont come back on

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 13, 2021 01:24AM
You do not have to replace the entire turbo. You can replace just the actuator. Those are known to stick and go bad. Still not a cheap fix (part is $400 roughly) but if you want to retain the factory exhaust brake and keep the current turbo that’s your best course of action.

A good diesel shop would definitely be able to fix that for you. You may be able to do it yourself depending on how handy you are.

Good luck

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 13, 2021 02:23AM
In some states you can't just take the bulb out. You have to clear the code to pass the emissions test.

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 13, 2021 03:14AM
Ive never heard of a pickup getting stopped an tested for emissions, i guess you learn something everyday, thats ridiculous whatever state is doin that !!!

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 13, 2021 03:29AM
You don't get stopped it's when you get your yearly inspection. You can not have any codes to get your sticker.

Re: Dodge diesel pickup check engine light code P003A January 13, 2021 01:16PM
Tenn and KY dont have inspections

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,874, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,987.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM