Message from the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee January 28, 2021 06:08AM
From the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee -
"Unfortunately, the 2021 edition of the National Farm Machinery Show and Championship Tractor Pull has been canceled due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic. Competitors will be receiving their performance bonds back in the mail in the coming days. Even with the challenges of 2021, we are looking forward to pullers and fans joining us at the 2022 Championship Tractor Pull, we hope to see you there."

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 01:45AM
To the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee, does LLSS have a chance of making it to the show in 2022? If not, what do we have to do to make that happen?

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 05:31AM
LBB
To the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee, does LLSS have a chance of making it to the show in 2022? If not, what do we have to do to make that happen?

I would guess a unified set of rules would certainly help... But I honestly don't see Light Limiteds making it into the Farm Show for a long time.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 08:48AM
Isn't there a national set of rules for this class?

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 02:54PM
Wondering
Isn't there a national set of rules for this class?

No there is not to my knowledge. That was tried a few years ago by Ed Shoobridge. He made a valiant effort. Too many were "butt hurt" that they didn't get invited to the meeting that he got together at Gordyville then. So if you llss people want to pull at the nfms then grow some balls and apply to for the lss class there. Then ask them for more weight also! You don't have a problem asking for more weight with state level orgs that have lss, so you shouldn't have a problem asking for more at the nfms either.

THUMBS DOWN THUMBS DOWN THUMBS DOWN, I know it and I am ok with it

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 03:18PM
Clark for someone who doesn't run in the class you sure have a bad opinion of the llss class, one of them must have beat you - just lost all respect for you !!!

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 03:31PM
?
Clark for someone who doesn't run in the class you sure have a bad opinion of the llss class, one of them must have beat you - just lost all respect for you !!!

You probably never had any respect for me to begin with and I am ok with that.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 02:06AM
Get rid of a pro stock session and add a llss session. As easy as that. There are too many pro stock sessions, the fairboard has to beg pro stock pullers to sign up even the class fillers. That's not what nfms is about. Its the super bowl of tractor pulling. It should be privilege to pull there. All pullers should be invited. LLSS would definitely add alot of variety and excitement to the show.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 04:33AM
One thing that I am always encouraged about is the NFMS pull committee is that they are open to bringing in new classes and revamping some existing classes. I would think that the LLSS and mini's have been on their radar for a while.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 02:56AM
Well Clark if you only knew what you were talking about would be great. There is an activite set of national rules for the llss they have been in place 4 years now maybe pay more attention then just open them gums

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 02:00PM
Indyman
Well Clark if you only knew what you were talking about would be great. There is an activite set of national rules for the llss they have been in place 4 years now maybe pay more attention then just open them gums

Well POST them then!

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 02:28PM
There may be rules that claim to be national rules, but there is no national adoption of those rules... thus there are no true National rules.

As was mentioned earlier, Ed Shoobridge did a amazing job to try to organize the class. He saw the classes potential and he poured his heart into developing a unified set of rules to run under and a traveling circuit. Some (many) clubs adopted them, some didn't. Some clubs adopted them and then modified them slightly. Sadly local factions often were more interested in protecting their current investment, instead at looking long-term and looking at what's best for the class overall. Ed is to be commended for his hard work and dedication and was an excellent driving force to promote and unify the LLSS class but he started with a very steep uphill battle. A huge public thank you to Ed for what he worked so hard for.

Whether they have national rules or not, I think the real question is how you get that class on the Fair Boards radar. National rules might be one of a number of factors.

Sadly the lack of unified rules has been a constant theme in this motorsport ever since I started this page in 1997. It's probably been the topic that this page has harped on more than any other single topic. We've gained some ground but sadly this sport always finds a way to take one or two steps back.

The LLSS class would bring a ton of variation to the NFMS, variation that NONE of the other tractor classes can.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 02:37PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 03:15PM
Jake Morgan
There may be rules that claim to be national rules, but there is no national adoption of those rules... thus there are no true National rules.

As was mentioned earlier, Ed Shoobridge did a amazing job to try to organize the class. He saw the classes potential and he poured his heart into developing a unified set of rules to run under and a traveling circuit. Some (many) clubs adopted them, some didn't. Some clubs adopted them and then modified them slightly. Sadly local factions often were more interested in protecting their current investment, instead at looking long-term and looking at what's best for the class overall. Ed is to be commended for his hard work and dedication and was an excellent driving force to promote and unify the LLSS class but he started with a very steep uphill battle. A huge public thank you to Ed for what he worked so hard for.

Whether they have national rules or not, I think the real question is how you get that class on the Fair Boards radar. National rules might be one of a number of factors.

Sadly the lack of unified rules has been a constant theme in this motorsport ever since I started this page in 1997. It's probably been the topic that this page has harped on more than any other single topic. We've gained some ground but sadly this sport always finds a way to take one or two steps back.

The LLSS class would bring a ton of variation to the NFMS, variation that NONE of the other tractor classes can.

Thank you Jake and VERY well said!

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 11:50PM
"Sadly local factions often were more interested in protecting their current investment, instead at looking long-term and looking at what's best for the class overall."

There has never been a statement that holds more truth than this.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 03:36PM
?

I dont think that means too much coming from someone who won't sign their name.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 12:21AM
No Clark your wrong on that, always agreed with pretty much everything youve ever posted on here, and ILRyan, my commit means as much as yours, if thats the case Clarks or yours neither one means much cause you didn't sign your name nor did he !!

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 01:56AM
Yes there is a national set of rules, its in the NTPA rule book.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 02:35AM
NTPA is the national rule book? Also, those rules will more than likely be changing for 2022.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 02, 2021 03:11AM
I think if you want to have a set of unified rules , everyone that runs a set LLSS rules needs to be included. Now someone will say you had your chance, really , was everyone of the representatives called , oh but it was on this site. Not everyone is on this site. We have learned to Zoom , so it is possible to include everyone . If the Farm Machinery Show wants this class , they will use their rules .

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 09:13AM
I second the minis!

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 09:20AM
They'd both get my vote if I was on the Fair Board. Those two classes would be perfect for the Farm Show, the LLSS is a tractor class with ton's of local and national options to bring in tons of local fans and the Minis are one of the most exciting classes in the entire sport (and could possibly draw an overseas competitor or two or three).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 03, 2021 02:49AM
I just wonder if there will come a day when the committee will be forced to chose classes based on what the facility will support not necessarily what classes are available. In my opinion the upper tier classes (Pro Stock; Open and Diesel Super; Mods) are to the point where they are kind of scary to cut loose in that building.

Re: Message for the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 03, 2021 03:29PM
MH49,
They've already cut back the mod limitations for that reason.

S'no Farmer

Re: Message from the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 08:48AM
#bringbacktheminis

Re: Message from the NFMS Championship Tractor Pull Committee February 01, 2021 11:09PM
......just another hijacked post by the great llss. the world most definitely would stop turning if we had no llss

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009