Gordywana February 07, 2021 10:55AM
Gordywana 2022. Is IN or IL the better facility to host this event? Opinions from pullers and fan please.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 11:27AM
Shipshewana.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 11:49AM
Shipshewana was way nicer, the toll road is a killer though.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 11:52AM
Shipshewana,the live streaming was a better view,and longer track.streaming was better in our opinion due to better camera placement

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 12:36PM
The good:
Grade A facility (track, pits, parking)

The bad
As a ‘smoke tube sider’ ship leaves a lot to be desired!
No food, no beer, no bathrooms!
Beer selection and price!
No late night food at the MEC and nothing within 20 miles of the MEC!

I vote gordyville early winter and ship 2 weeks before Louisville!

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 01:22PM
I think this was a huge step up from gordy, I’d personally like to see it stay here. Yes the town closes down early an the beer is alittle more pricy but the longer track was nice, the lighting is far better I feel as both a puller an watching from a booth on the smoke tube side. They could add a beer cart on the smoke tube side to help things out. The pits where alittle Nicer also I feel. I’d love to be back in ship.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 01:44PM
Dairyblend: "No food, no beer, no bathrooms! "
Really? Had all 3. That big Amish kitchen was always busy. And it was fine, considering it is a concession. Ham sandwich literally melted in my mouth. I saw plenty of beer there. Actually if there was absolutely None, would be fine with me. Bathrooms - I can not understand why you are complaing about them. Plenty of bathrooms and each are spacious.

Lots of pluses for Ship.

However, my big concern was the Terrible Air Quality. Wednesday was really Toxic. That crap still has my breathing system clogged up, despite wearing a heavy duty cotton mask each session and then throw it away, despite my masks are actually washable and reusable several times in a normal life situation. And the daily clothes were equally as bad. Used lots of soap and water in a small washing machine load to clean them up.
And why that sharp looking little '66' series Mini Diesel tractor was allowed to pull spewing a horrendous amount of very toxic smoke (that did not want to dissipate) into the building, is beyond my comprehension. That thing's smoke is terrible, as I have experienced, even when on an outdoor track!!!!!!

Look at the ceiling and interesting to see how dirty the 5 (?) year old building ceiling is already. The MEC needs to install a series of fans that are mounted on the walls just under the ceiling, with each on their own variable speed and independent switch.
As I recall during the NTPA pull 2 years ago, I think they had a big diameter livestock fan beside each of the 3 east overhead doors, that they could randomly run when needed. As I recall, their air quality was tolerable but a little cooler pulling track building, which to me was a whole lot more acceptable than what we just experienced.

I certainly hope that MEC and any future tractor pulling organization, will be very serious about providing a much cleaner air quality environment.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 01:56PM
Concerning, they were talking about nothing on the smoke tube side opposite of the side you were on. There was just test pulls on wed , were you there for that? If your lungs are that bad, maybe, just maybe, you should stick to outdoor pulls.

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 01:09AM
There are new exhaust fans being installed starting this week. They were scheduled to be installed prior to the NTPA show this March after running the last NTPA show there. All other motorsports at the MEC are held in the coliseum which has the exhaust fans already installed. They were not anticipating the Midwest Winter Nationals to be moved to the MEC when scheduling the fan install which is why they were not installed. They will be in place for the NTPA show.

Paul Romack

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 09:27AM
Pretty sure there are multiple things beyond your comprehension, Dave. A smokey mini '66 is the least of your worries.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 01:40PM
Probably in the minority but I don’t think you can replace gordyville. Great show at Shippshewana but as a fan i would vote moving back. The MEC just didn’t have the same atmosphere to it in my opinion.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 01:49PM
Ventilation fans and exhaust fans are being installed in the VERY near future. That was decided Thursday night.

Re: Gordywana February 07, 2021 02:21PM
"P", yes I was there for all 7 pulling sessions. Despite I proof read my post before posting, I did not catch "Wedneday" as being a mistake. It is suppose to be THURSDAY, which was a VERY Toxic air quality for each session. Even Klint wore a mask most of the time that day.
I could hardly sleep that night as my lungs were so clogged. Despite filtering that toxicity through my masks. And I am a long life, non-smoker, with no lung issue (might be now after all that toxicity).
"P", you do not need to be a dorkbutt just because I expressed my and others concern.

"Zach", I am glad to hear of that decision. I trust that ventiliation system will be working for the NTPA pull next month.

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 12:09AM
"Concerning" I am trying to understand why you stayed in the building if the fumes were so bad. At least take a break by stepping outside for fresh air. If you didn't do that it's on you and no one else...and...you came back session after session, having already established knowledge that there were noxious fumes. I know I have been in barns far worse and I step out get some fresh air and go back in when I am comfortable, but that would seem to make too much sense it appears. It sounds like your ventilation concern is already addressed with better ventilation in the immediate plans.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 01:21AM
Very impressed with the girl that unhooked the sled. She was right on it every time, moved the tractors back if needed. The loader was right there for them. The whole show was very organized

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 04:39AM
Concerning (aka Dave Dann) from what I hear your lucky Klint let you stay after being rude and disrespectful to his wife. Was you invited to sit in that box seat area? If it was that bad in there then it's easy stay home. You wouldn't have been missed.

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 05:31AM
As with everything there is always room for improvement in some areas. Given the circumstances I think we all owe Klint Tucker and his whole crew a huge thank you! They really stuck their necks out to put this event on despite everything going on and we should be nothing but thankful. I’m sure if they decide to stay in shipshiwanna any legitimate issues or kinks will be worked out. Whichever venue they decide to pursue next winter I’ll be there both as a puller and spectator. After all any tractor pulling in January or February beats no tractor pulling!!!

Re: Gordywana February 08, 2021 09:17AM
SMH
Concerning (aka Dave Dann) from what I hear your lucky Klint let you stay after being rude and disrespectful to his wife. Was you invited to sit in that box seat area? If it was that bad in there then it's easy stay home. You wouldn't have been missed.

I was somewhat shocked at the level of restraint that Tucker had when it came to Dave. I tried to keep track of how many boxes he invited himself into and I lost count. The Dave Dann Photography signs hanging on both sides of the driver's exit door (hung without permission, I might add) were the icing on the cake, though.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms