lift body question February 19, 2021 07:48AM
so im building a 2wd truck with a very light coupe body that i want to have set up to tilt/ hinge in the rear, what is everyone using for lift body applications, elec/hyd actuators or actual hydraulic set ups? im looking at using linear actuators because there compact and stand alone but the travel time is so slow....35 seconds to travel 18"....maybe its not slow, seems slow to me.

Re: lift body question February 23, 2021 12:42AM
After some research and asking around I just purchased one from www.surpluscenter.com for my build. We will see how it works. It claims to do 1.5 inches per second so for a 12" lift you are looking at like 8 seconds for a full lift. That seemed pretty quick to me. Plus if you mount it towards the rear more it will make it seem like its faster. I ordered it just yesterday so I haven't seen it in person yet.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro