Valve seat pressure. February 23, 2021 12:39PM
Is there a standard rule on what you need for valve seat pressure. This engine will be running 3500 rpm with around 65lbs boost. I’ve heard of needing double your boost pressure but wanted some others thoughts. Thanks

Re: Valve seat pressure. February 23, 2021 04:04PM
There is no standard rule that I am aware of but DON'T start less than double boost pressure.

Re: Valve seat pressure. February 23, 2021 11:57PM
You would probably only need that much on the intake side.

Re: Valve seat pressure. February 24, 2021 07:32AM
What about drive pressure on exhaust side? Should be running more drive pressure than intake pressure. 200/220lbs closed seat is where I’m at with similar setup.

Re: Valve seat pressure. February 24, 2021 09:48AM
That’s why I was thinking. Exhaust pressure and boost pressure are usually pretty similar.

Re: Valve seat pressure. February 24, 2021 02:06PM
I agree
That’s why I was thinking. Exhaust pressure and boost pressure are usually pretty similar.

They should be with in 10 lbs. of each other in my opinion and the only way to do that is to have the valve seat pressure on both the exhaust side and the intake side the same. I have nothing against Peter T's post. But if the valve seat pressure on the exhaust side is less than what it is on the intake side, the exhaust valve may still float and the turbo may not be driven hard enough to create the boost that is needed.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520