Leslie Mears February 26, 2021 09:08AM
I just got done watching a taped episode of PPL pulling at Wheatland,MO...I was at this pull...As we all know Leslie Mears does all the interviews as she has done for quite awhile...In fact they went back to 2015 to show a interview that she did with Jeff Hirt...Back in the 1980's and 1990's a Russ Mears pulled from Ohio....Is Leslie related to him?I was just curious to what her pulling connection is?

Re: Leslie Mears February 26, 2021 02:37PM
Well Mears is her married name. She's married to John Mears who is the PPL Co-Director. Not sure if there is a relation there or not. Leslie is also the announcer for Monster Jam.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Leslie Mears February 26, 2021 02:48PM
Russ and Johnathan are father and son and each drove one of the Mears SS tractors for several years. They had some good looking and good running tractors.

S'no Farmer

Re: Leslie Mears February 26, 2021 10:53PM
Thanks...I had often wondered if she had married in to the the Mears pulling family..

Re: Leslie Mears February 26, 2021 11:20PM
If I remember correctly the Mears tractors became part of Larry Roberts tractors.

Re: Leslie Mears February 27, 2021 10:55AM
Russ owned Valley Trailers which back then was in Cynthiana. He always wore very colorful hats. Did Tom Morsey end up with one of the SS ?

Re: Leslie Mears February 27, 2021 11:11AM
Leslie announced the NFMS pull in 2019 and did an outstanding job. Her announcing resume in the motorsports world is very extensive. She is always well informed and does a great job of letting the person she is interviewing tell their story. Very professional at all times.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520