Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 12:39AM
Hey guys I have a question about old style Firestones I know the tread pattern is different but I run a class where you can’t face cut tires I have a nice set of tires 20.8 38 they seem to measure pretty similar to the newer tread pattern has anyone had any luck top cutting these and running them or should I try finding a set of the standard Firestone 20.8 38? 11-12k class about 900 hp thanks for any info

Re: Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 01:22AM
If you cant facecut what other choice is thier besides topcut ?

Re: Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 01:31AM
Top cut is my only option I would probably top cut any tire I had I am more wondering how these tires stand up against the others

Re: Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 02:13AM
The description of "old style firestone" is very vague.theres probably a dozen tread patterns that would fall into that description when asking on as pulling forum

Re: Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 02:36AM
They are big letter old style Firestone 20.8 38 radials there is more space between the lugs than the next newer style which I believe means there are less lugs on the tire

Re: Old style Firestone’s March 06, 2021 10:06AM
Open speed? You would be better off with a top-cut set of the new style Firestone Deep Treads or the BFG HT radials. The big letter old style Firestones work ok, but I’d go with the other two in a road gear or above class.

Follow us on Facebook @ Mean Streak Pulling Team
[m.facebook.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,691, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard