Passing of a another legend in pulling Jeanie Snyder May 03, 2021 05:18AM
Obituary
Jean A. “Jeanie” Snyder, 74, of Andreas, passed away Saturday, May 1, 2021, in St. Luke’s Hospital, Bethlehem. She was the wife of Charles C. “Chester” Snyder. They were married on April 25, 1964 and celebrated 57 years of marriage. She and her husband were co-owners of Charles S. Snyder, Inc. Farm Equipment, Tamaqua. Jeanie was an integral part of the family farming operation. She also was the mechanic for her husband’s Tractor Pulling Team. Born in Palmerton, she was the daughter of the late Lester and Hilda (Andreas) Troxell. She was a member of St. Peter’s Church, West Penn, and of PA-NY Tractor Pulling Association. Jeanie loved traveling with her husband and spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was also preceded in death by a brother, Burdell Troxell, brother-in-law, Donald Ruch, two sisters-in-law, Marylou and Cindy Troxell. Surviving in addition to her husband, are three daughters, Cathy, wife of Terry Wehr, of Tamaqua, Charlene, wife of Scott Coombe, of Andreas, and Cheryl, wife of Charles Kistler Jr., of Tamaqua; three brothers, Richard, and his wife Judy, Berlyn, and his wife Ruth, and Dale, and his companion Sharon, all of Andreas; sister, Madeline Ruch, of New Ringgold; sister-in-law, Delores Troxell, of Andreas; six grandchildren, Christopher, Daniel, and Shane Coombe, Rodney Wehr, Rachael Foster and Ty Kistler; five great grandchildren, Kenton, Kadie, Madison, Liam and Waylon. Services will be held at 11am on Thursday, May 6, at St. Peter’s Church, 184, St. Peter’s Rd., Tamaqua, PA 18252 with Rev. Virginia M. Heimer officiating. Call at the church Wednesday from 6-9pm and Thursday from 10-11am. Interment in the church cemetery. Contributions may be made to the church memorial fund. Arrangements are being handled by the Hartman Funeral Home, 1791 West Penn Pike, Rte. 309, New Ringgold. Online condolences may be made at www.hartmanfuneralhomeinc.com.

Re: Passing of a another legend in pulling Jeanie Snyder May 03, 2021 12:02PM
Thoughts and prayers for the family. I remember when they both pulled at the Harford Pa. fair in the 70's. I remember the announcer giving the Snyders and George Kuback with his 6030 a hard time. I think the old guy was a horse pulling fan but when they pulled through the gate at the end of the track that night and the crowd went nuts. He sure changed is mind on whether they should be pulling there or not. That group of pullers along with your dad where the true pioneers of the sport in the Northeast. They were the ones who gave me the pulling fever as a fan and puller.

Re: Passing of a another legend in pulling Jeanie Snyder May 04, 2021 01:48AM
My adopted pulling parents, Chet & Jeanie. So many fond childhood memories with you and your family and riding in the sleeper between pulls. Thank you for your friendship with my father and your graciousness you extended to everyone at the track. You were an amazing woman and an incredible puller on the seat of Pappy's Toy. My sincerest condolences Chet & family...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM