Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 24, 2021 01:09PM
Does anyone have an opinion if the light limited 466 turbo Tractors will compete with the 640 superfarms .
Those 466 tractors look pretty stout running .

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 24, 2021 03:55PM
Look at the sled weight boxes when those two classes pull, that will tell you your answer.....

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 25, 2021 01:59AM
This is exactly why the sled operators should have a big LED sign that displays the weight in the box (or a force gage attached to the chain). That way all the fans can have a true appreciation and better understanding of the differences in the classes.

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 25, 2021 03:10AM
I've seen some pulls where they pulled together. I will say that the better 466s out there can compete the superfarms. It all depends on the track conditions and other variables.

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 27, 2021 03:23PM
Cliff
This is exactly why the sled operators should have a big LED sign that displays the weight in the box (or a force gage attached to the chain). That way all the fans can have a true appreciation and better understanding of the differences in the classes.

Well now let's think about this logically.... Hypothetically speaking, I'm gonna run 8500 limited pro's with 4 weights in the box, 3rd gear, blocked out a hole, with the trip all the way forward. We run 30 mph & stop at 320'. Then I turn right around & run 2 hot 2 farm tractors with the same 4 weights in the box, but I pull the stops out to let the box all the way back, downshift to first gear, slide the trip halfway back, and choke the accumulator down to push slow & gentle on the big end. The 2h2f tractor is gonna go 15 mph and stop at the same 320 feet. Now a load cell in the chain is most likely gonna measure the same amount of force on both vehicles because the sled still physically weighs the same, but what would happen if I ran the same setting for both vehicles? Would they go the same speed & stop in the same place? Absolutely not, so what have we proved???

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 27, 2021 06:22PM
Lots of respect for you and what you do Logan.

You fail to account for friction.

Pull 20 tons on a trailer vs 20 tons on a pan.

All of the changes that you describe change the friction.

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 28, 2021 02:17AM
The same load will be applied, just in a different range of distance.

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 25, 2021 10:03AM
I don't see a llp being competitive against a super farm. Unless you change the weight of one of the tractors. Especially with the increasing HP and Torque numbers of a top running sf vs a top running llp. But I could be wrong. Track conditions are a major factor as well. I just know that last year there was several times when SF tractors where in the top 5 and even won once against Limited Pros and Light Pros with up to 15 in the class. They did give the weight advantage to the SFs. Just my opinion.

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 25, 2021 06:06AM
If the llp has to weight up to 9300 and the track has much bite it will be a tough ride to hoe for a 466. However take away some bite and or weight from the superfarm and the tides turn really quickly. All in all each makes virtually identical hp numbers if each combo can utilize the same external components. It’s just where they make it being the difference

Re: Light limited turbo 466 vs 640 superfarm May 26, 2021 01:18PM
Alot of good info
I guess I never thought of the weight difference on the pulling sled.
I've just been looking at the tractor rpms and how hard the 466 is pushing the smoke in the air .
I was thinking the 466 will not even have close to the torque of a 640 .
But those cooler 466 with a 3x4 really turn hard .
The superfarm looks doggy but lugs
The 466 falls under the charger .
I was watching the
7700 light limited turbo class on you tube. Hard to believe those are 466.
There is always alot of talk on tractors and classes .
I think they should move some weight around and combine the stuff. I think it would be for better show

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard